By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chrono Trigger DS confirmed real

So basically we're getting most great SNES game onto the DS?

I need to make a wanted list for myself, as Squeenix really made me like their games with TWEWY.

Also, this could sell insanely much if advertised correctly.

Also, WTF? Chrono Trigger on SNES doesn't have a page on VGC?

How much did the original sell?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
So basically we're getting most great SNES game onto the DS?

I need to make a wanted list for myself, as Squeenix really made me like their games with TWEWY.

Also, this could sell insanely much if advertised correctly.

Also, WTF? Chrono Trigger on SNES doesn't have a page on VGC?

How much did the original sell?

2mln in japan, 200k+ U.S.

I really don't care whether it's 2D or 3D. The fact that I'll be able to play Chrono Trigger on the go whenever I want is more than enough.

If it goes 3d I want it to go the DQIX path rather than the FFremake path. I love the art direction of DQIX. If it stays 2d, then anything similar to the original art design would be fine.

naznatips said:
I really don't care whether it's 2D or 3D. The fact that I'll be able to play Chrono Trigger on the go whenever I want is more than enough.

I agree.  3D can look good on the DS i.e. FFIV

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
If it goes 3d I want it to go the DQIX path rather than the FFremake path. I love the art direction of DQIX. If it stays 2d, then anything similar to the original art design would be fine.

Cel-shading makes sense since Toriyama is doing the characters and monster designs like he did in the original game

sc94597 said:

I didn't like the FFIV style at first, but after the extremely epic English VA trailer I would like that style too.

naznatips said:
sc94597 said:

I didn't like the FFIV style at first, but after the extremely epic English VA trailer I would like that style too.

It is nice, but I think that the DQ IX art design would fit the game more.  I would like the cutscenes(if there are any) to take the FFIV direction though. Also voice acting would be nice, and didn't seem to ruin FFIV at all so I think it could be implemented well.  Hm it might have a chance of rpg of the year. It does have alot of competition though so I'm not to sure.

I updated the topic with the American website, which confirms English localization. At worst Europeans can now import it in English from America.

sc94597 said:
naznatips said:
sc94597 said:

It is nice, but I think that the DQ IX art design would fit the game more. I would like the cutscenes(if there are any) to take the FFIV direction though. Also voice acting would be nice, and didn't seem to ruin FFIV at all so I think it could be implemented well. Hm it might have a chance of rpg of the year. It does have alot of competition though so I'm not to sure.

It will probably be a nominee if not the winner of RPG of the year