By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America sales up!!! Normal week?! what stands out?

*bleu-ocelot* said:

Please remind me,why are people still buying a wii again? Software>>Hardware,

You just answered your own question!

Software>>Hardware

PS3 and 360 have better hardware but the software on the Wii appeals to people.  Yes that includes nongamers who buy casual titles and core gamers who enjoy the quality core titles the Wii has to offer.

Around the Network
psrock said:
@ Leo, Stop predicting stuff about the wii.

Very disappointing numbers for Ps3, it's going to get ugly when The 360 gets its price cut , i hope Sony has an answer.

They really dont have an answer, Im waiting for NPD to see whether or not the PS3 is 100% under the 360.

I expect this from NPD:

Wii: 520k-800k

ps3:270k-420k

360:190k-220k

No more sales predictions until NPD or E3.

mM
*bleu-ocelot* said:
azrm2k said:

@leo-j:
You mean a million and a half from now which at this rate will take less than 2 months?

Actually the craziest part of this is the fact that the Wii should settle close to 500k for the week and PS360 close to 275/280k for the week. If HD sales drop and Wii sales go up just a bit Wii could not only outsell HD sales combined it could do so twice over!

Please remind me,why are people still buying a wii again? Software>>Hardware. Is the wii some kind of new age toy??

Wii fit + Wii sports, and one of the best advertising campains out there...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
TWRoO said:
leo-j said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
azrm2k said:

@leo-j:
You mean a million and a half from now which at this rate will take less than 2 months?

Actually the craziest part of this is the fact that the Wii should settle close to 500k for the week and PS360 close to 275/280k for the week. If HD sales drop and Wii sales go up just a bit Wii could not only outsell HD sales combined it could do so twice over!

Please remind me,why are people still buying a wii again? Software>>Hardware

Its either because its the cheapest NEXGEN console

Or because people think it has the graphics/best controls/best online, consumers arent that smart, and sony and microsoft have done nothing to say the PS360 have better online or graphics.

Or perhaps, just perhaps... it is more desirable that the other two consoles.

How can it be more desirable if their is no software pushing it.I mean MGS4 just came out.So,how many people are mostly buying a wii just to buy a wii?

carlos710 said: 

x360 is cheaper in Europe... and may be cheaper in America soon.

And yes, is all about the games - thats exactly why the Wii is doing so great =)) Galaxy, brawl, zelda, metroid, kart, etc... and Nintendo is just starting, expect a huge lineup of AAA software for the Wii in the upcoming months =))

Are you saying the wii has the best games?

mM
Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
shams said:
Agreed actually - Sony will have enough to cheer about this month, but MS definitely won't.

The problem for Sony though, is this:
- PS3 gets GTA4 & MGS4 (two of the biggest and most anticipated titles this gen)
- Wii gets ... nothing? (restocked?)
- Wii (at least) doubles PS3 sales for the month.

(is it a 4 or 5 week for NPD reporting this month?)

PS3 could be in the 350k-400k region for the month - but the Wii could hit 800k (or even 1m, if its a 5 week period and Ninty keep the shipments up)

VGChartz has Wii at ~650k for this month. It's a four week month, since the fifth week is only two days of June. If the last day of the month of reporting falls on thurs-sat then it counts for the reporting month. If it falls on a sun-wed, then it doesn't count for the reporting month. At least that's what someone told me before. So this is a 4 week month

Wii - 650

PS3 - 275

360 - 230

(According to VG Chartz.)

The third month of a quarter is always a 5 week month in NPD reports.

Guess I heard wrong then.

Thanks Rol.

leo-j said:
carlos710 said:

x360 is cheaper in Europe... and may be cheaper in America soon.

And yes, is all about the games - thats exactly why the Wii is doing so great =)) Galaxy, brawl, zelda, metroid, kart, etc... and Nintendo is just starting, expect a huge lineup of AAA software for the Wii in the upcoming months =))

Are you saying the wii has the best games?

yes, and obviously most people agree with me.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

nice job for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

DMeisterJ said:
shams said:
Agreed actually - Sony will have enough to cheer about this month, but MS definitely won't.

The problem for Sony though, is this:
- PS3 gets GTA4 & MGS4 (two of the biggest and most anticipated titles this gen)
- Wii gets ... nothing? (restocked?)
- Wii (at least) doubles PS3 sales for the month.

(is it a 4 or 5 week for NPD reporting this month?)

PS3 could be in the 350k-400k region for the month - but the Wii could hit 800k (or even 1m, if its a 5 week period and Ninty keep the shipments up)

VGChartz has Wii at ~650k for this month. It's a four week month, since the fifth week is only two days of June. If the last day of the month of reporting falls on thurs-sat then it counts for the reporting month. If it falls on a sun-wed, then it doesn't count for the reporting month. At least that's what someone told me before. So this is a 4 week month

Wii - 650

PS3 - 275

360 - 230

(According to VG Chartz.)

No NPD should have it as a 5 week month I believe.

NPD has 5 week months for the last month of each quarter, so it goes 4 - 4 - 5, 4 - 4 - 5 etc.... and every March, June, September and December are 5 week months (because this method eventually goes out of sequence every 7 years January has a 5 week month too.)

So NPD June is 5 weeks. I think it's the 5 weeks ending 5th July.

carlos710 said: 

yes, and obviously most of the world agree with me.

I agree the wii has the best games, thats why its selling the best. The 360 must have the worst games since its selling so poorly.

mM