By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America sales up!!! Normal week?! what stands out?

Im pretty sure the 80gig excuse is bs, I was in a very popular (and rich) area of NY and saw them at a number of stores (Target, walmart, Bestbuy). Most non internet nerds(as we all are) probably dont even know about the power of the 80gig. I am sure it is in demand but not as much as people make it out to be.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

ps3 does seem kinda low:/

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

So how much has the Wii sold total for June?

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
CDiablo said:
Im pretty sure the 80gig excuse is bs, I was in a very popular (and rich) area of NY and saw them at a number of stores (Target, walmart, Bestbuy). Most non internet nerds(as we all are) probably dont even know about the power of the 80gig. I am sure it is in demand but not as much as people make it out to be.

Its sold out at every single retailer in NA.. There were alot shipped to huge retailers this week, I find it hard to believe that it didnt boost sales since they all SOLD OUT.

mM
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
The 80 Gig can't come back to NA soon enough. July 5th, come!

Wii sales are awesome good. Releasing the shipment of Wii's after MGS4 came out was much more sensible than releasing them the same week.

You've switched sides and are now in the winner's team. Don't worry about Sony anymore.

ROFL!

By the by:  I love your new avatar.  But I miss Ms. Possible.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
skeezer said: 

Then whats wrong with the PS3....I mean 49k is well below average in America this year

Its wierd, that there were 80gb ps3's released this week, and were sold out immediately at large retailers, and we see a decline in hardware sales, thats all Im saying.

Since we don´t know how big was the number, this kind of speculation is just pointless...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
leo-j said:
skeezer said: 

Then whats wrong with the PS3....I mean 49k is well below average in America this year

Its wierd, that there were 80gb ps3's released this week, and were sold out immediately at large retailers, and we see a decline in hardware sales, thats all Im saying.

Entirely due to a trickle of 80GB inventory.

I'm not seeing them stacked to the ceiling at retail outlets. On the contrary; I've yet to see a single MGS4 bundle to date, and it's not for a lack of trying.

I'm not even sure where those small shipments came from since they weren't supposed to be restocked until July 5th, or so the rumor's been.

wow, great wii sales!

June NPD will at least have decent sales due to MGS4 and the "re-launch" of the 80gig so it should be fine for Sony. July NPD however..... That is not going to be pretty for HD consoles at all!

average week for XBOX 360...

unfortunately my prediction is that the Wii is going hit 150 m by the end of its life...