By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America sales up!!! Normal week?! what stands out?

carlos710 said:
leo-j said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
azrm2k said:

@leo-j:
You mean a million and a half from now which at this rate will take less than 2 months?

Actually the craziest part of this is the fact that the Wii should settle close to 500k for the week and PS360 close to 275/280k for the week. If HD sales drop and Wii sales go up just a bit Wii could not only outsell HD sales combined it could do so twice over!

Please remind me,why are people still buying a wii again? Software>>Hardware

Its either because its the cheapest NEXGEN console

Or because people think it has the graphics/best controls/best online, consumers arent that smart, and sony and microsoft have done nothing to say the PS360 have better online or graphics.

x360 is cheaper in Europe... and may be cheaper in America soon.

And yes, is all about the games - thats exactly why the Wii is doing so great =)) Galaxy, brawl, zelda, metroid, kart, etc... and Nintendo is just starting, expect a huge lineup of AAA software for the Wii in the upcoming months =))

Where are the games for those who don't like goofy characters?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Who said I hated the wii.The only thing I hate are wii fanboys.I just stated my honest opinion about the wii,that's all.Also,the 360 does appeal to me,but am I going to buy two virtually identical systems because it does? No.I have a PC for the games on that system.

In the topic:

Should there be more violent action games on Wii?
06/25/08, 10:42

You responded:

Yup.Exactly the reason I loathe the wii; the lack of.

Were you lying then, or are you lying now.

I've mentioned this before in a very elaborate post about you, and instead of copy/pasting it here, I'll simply paraphrase it.

You make it your sole mission, as determined by your posting history, to degrade and defame the Wii at every opportunity. It is very hard to find a non-Wii bashing post in your posting history.

Anyone on this website who makes it their mission to degrade and defame a console they obviously dislike, not only isn't making this forum a better place, they are actually making it worse. This isn't gamespot or kotaku. This forum is great only because the attitude of hate isn't prevelant. You have taken it upon yourself to spread this attitude, even taking it as far as to make the console you are aiming the hate towards, your avatar, as a sort of flag for your hate speech and worship. Once again, I shall report your original post, and I can only hope that this time it will be met with more than a public warning.

Your constant and unceasing flagrant hate of the Wii should make any respectable fanboy on this forum nausiated. It makes us all look bad, and it makes this forum a worse place to visit.

When you started posting here at the very start you met with a ban before you learned that unlike other forums, this isn't a place to militantly tear down a console you don't own every chance you get, unlike the other forums you undoubtedly migrated from. The only thing you learned from that ban are the limitations at which you can flame the Wii and this website(for being pro-Wii) without actually getting the relatively lenient ban hammer brought down. Luckily for you, your posts are so generic, they often go un-noticed, but again in this case, you've crossed the line between passive-agressive system bashing, and trolling.

You must enjoy writing long winded and baseless post.That post I made is true,though.I haven't trolled,as opposed to speak imo against the wii.That's where the bias kicks in.

Pristine20 said:
11ht11 said:

wow the ps3 is under the 360.

i predict this will be the end of the ps3 lol

and yes im joking dont go crazy on me sony boys lol

LOL at that one. I'm guessing you think the world revolves around the US?

Americans always think the world revolves around them ;)

Lets all just wait for reliable figures ala NPD before all this debate over sales numbers...

DOn't forget that the big initial spike in PS3 80Gb sales was helped with $100 gift cards to Walmart. Even if a big supply of 80 GB PS3s come in, without a gift card, will it still make high numbers?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
TWRoO said:
leo-j said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
azrm2k said:

@leo-j:
You mean a million and a half from now which at this rate will take less than 2 months?

Actually the craziest part of this is the fact that the Wii should settle close to 500k for the week and PS360 close to 275/280k for the week. If HD sales drop and Wii sales go up just a bit Wii could not only outsell HD sales combined it could do so twice over!

Please remind me,why are people still buying a wii again? Software>>Hardware

Its either because its the cheapest NEXGEN console

Or because people think it has the graphics/best controls/best online, consumers arent that smart, and sony and microsoft have done nothing to say the PS360 have better online or graphics.

Or perhaps, just perhaps... it is more desirable that the other two consoles.

How can it be more desirable if their is no software pushing it.I mean MGS4 just came out.So,how many people are mostly buying a wii just to buy a wii?

Its the "in" thing now, just like the ipod.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

I think the MS price cut post-E3 could endanger Nintendo more than most realize. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Arcade 360 start to grab a large portion of the Wii sales once that happens, unless Nintendo also cuts the Wii prices. The 360 has a pretty decent library of good games, and I think "cheapest console" goes alot further than most think.

Str8knox said:
So, leo-j's always been like this huh? And you guys have put up with him ever since the site started? Why don't you guys just ban him already instead of constantly responding to him?

Ban me for what? Im not trolling, or doing anything offensive, if you have a problem report my posts.

mM

Pristine was that sarcasm? I hope so, otherwise, those last 2 sentences in your sig are a real joke.

where are you guys living that there are now 80gig ps3, east tennessee has a surplus ... maybe a shipping mistake who knows but our best buys to game stops all have them, wiis, are still the only thing tightly supplied, though if you come in on a shipping date for the store in question there are normally a few to be had.

stores that have 80gig ps3 as of today, bestbuy knoxville , and 2 near chattanooga, all but 1 area gamestop (over 20 stores), all wallmarts within 60 miles of knoxville 32+ stores I got board and went with friends to the closest 16, targets have them, as do kmarts (anyone else seen that new hedious orange kmart is sporting).

ah vacation time... and paid... if only it was not use it or lose it

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Pristine20 said:
11ht11 said:

wow the ps3 is under the 360.

i predict this will be the end of the ps3 lol

and yes im joking dont go crazy on me sony boys lol

LOL at that one. I'm guessing you think the world revolves around the US?

I advise you to read the hidden text :)

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies