By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - bioware vs blizzard

Bioware aren't even the best RTS developers for the pc. That title is help by Black Isles (and yes I know they don't exist anymore). If they can't even beat a dead company I don't think they have a chace against a company that hasn't had a game that wasn't critically acclaimed.

Around the Network

Blizzard, but bioware are good too.

Blizzard hand down. Simply it is in another league. It share some similarity with Nintendo too.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

twesterm said:
Blizzard-- they actually have the guts and the money to delay a game until it's good and ready.

If you don't believe me just look at Mass Effect.

Fixed.

What is incredible about Blizzard is that their games never are archetype of a genre but they seems able to remove barriers in certain estabilished genre releasing the full potential to the masses.

Blizzard is avery interesting Vg company to study.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

vlad321 said:
I had that dilemma a while back when diablo 2 came out. Again when NWN hit. Then BioWare decided to start making games for consoles and that just killed them from the competition. Blizzard almost made a console game (Ghost) but thankfully nothing happened of it. As such Blizzard wins hands down. In fact they win the worldz.

Lost Vikings, Rock and Roll Racer, and The Death and Return of Superman amongst a few others have serious issue with you saying they never made a console game. They were console developers, and then transitioned into computers. They have a lot more games than most people give them credit for. No one ever remembers them from before Warcraft 2.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Blizzard no questions asked. I still play WC3 daily (DotA). And I was deep into WoW for a year straight. I've played the Diablo series and a little Starcraft (but I'm horrible at micro). Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and WotLK all look absolutely gorgeous.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

mass effect, kotor and jade empire need i say more?

Bioware for me

Please Bioware has nothing on Blizzard.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Blizzard.. only because they had the guts to cancel Starcraft Ghost...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)