By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - bioware vs blizzard

both of these have made awesome games,both with great track records

which one do you think is better,i think i have to go with bioware but just barely

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

No offense to bioware, but blizzard is so much better.

Sonic RPG

sc94597 said:

but doesnt bioware make baldurs gate?

brute said:
sc94597 said:

Bioware does have a few amazing games, but  compared to blizzards  who almost makes every game amazing I don't see them that good.  Also I'm playing diablo II right now, and It might surpass baldurs gate II as my favorite WRPG. Also they've haven't been making too many games that I like right now.

Around the Network

^blizzard does make great games,but i think bioware is a bit better since it releases more games

Neither makes games with overlapping genre's so you can't really compare. I love games from both and they are possibly the only 2 companies where I feel comfortable buying a game from them sight unseen. I have never been disappointed by a Blizzard or Bioware game.

I give this thread a 9.4.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

^both sorta make some rpg type games diablo/baldurs gate

brute said:
sc94597 said:

Yes, but Baldur's Gate 2 was the only excellent game they ever made (but I did not play BG1, so I can't judge that game). Neverwinter Nights was only "good" (mostly because of the online). Kotor was also good but nowhere near great. Jade Empire was an abortion. And Mass Effect was Bioware's best effort since BG2, but it is still only a good game.

Blizzard, on the other hand, has Starcraft, the Warcraft series, World of Warcraft and Diablo series. Every single game they made were masterpieces. That's why Blizzard is the number 1 developer of: RTS, Action/RPG and MMORPG (that's 3 freaking genres/subgenres).

EDIT: Bioware might regain some of their reputation with Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2. If Dragon Age truly succeeds as the spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate, and Mass Effect is atleast twice the size and takes twice as long to finish as the first ME, then it would be great for Bioware.

Well.. I haven't played much of Bioware's games so i will say Blizzard.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||