By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Critical lesson Sony (hopefully) learnt this gen...

mesoteto said:
i dont think the game line p was as big a goof as the price from the start and the horrible pr team that couldn't say anything right...i mean at one point they probably could have started drooping babies and still would have looked better then what they were doing

but it sure didn't help that they hyped heavenly sword and lair and both were ATOMIC BOMBS relative to their hype machine!

The real problem was that after paying $600, most people had no use for their PS3's but to watch blu-ray movies because resistance was almost the only game worth playing on it for a 10-month period. That alone generated more negativity towards the ps3 than the price ever could have managed to do!

Why did this happen? Because while 3rd parties released absolutely nothing on ps3, sony itself did pretty much the same that period so they are actually suffering form a 2-year deficit to 360 not 14 months or whatever head start the 360 had!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

^i think alot of that had to do with the fat they rushed to get to the market due to the 360 being put out

mesoteto said:
^i think alot of that had to do with the fat they rushed to get to the market due to the 360 being put out

In hindsight, that wasn't a very good idea after all. Maybe they woould have been better off starting their own generation!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

yeah either way micro was able to put a hurt on them there

but i dont think it will every happen again, they got caught with their pants down and have (hopefully) learned their lession

Every game good enough to be on a Sony console IMHO is a great game.

Final Fantasy series became a great series thanks to its introduction on the PSOne and it still is a great franchise. Metal gear solid, GTA series, Tekken series, Gran Turismo series were all born on PSOne and are great series and sell heaps of games.

Around the Network

I disagree with this topic because a lot of third partie developers are funded and supervised by sony and their officals.