By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Critical lesson Sony (hopefully) learnt this gen...

Blacksaber said:
sc94597 said:
Hm I guess ignore my list now.

Yep and how did we both forget Pokemon?

I only put games that are new from the 6th and 7th generations. I could put more from the 4th and 5th also if he honestly believes that nintendo doesn't have any new games in 20 years.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Blacksaber said:
sc94597 said:

I only put games that are new from the 6th and 7th generations. I could put more from the 4th and 5th also if he honestly believes that nintendo doesn't have any new games in 20 years.

Good point I feel that Pokemon should be in the 6th since it was at the very end...

Former something....

fkusumot said:
Pristine20 said:
fkusumot said:

FY                 Sony              Nintendo                Microsoft
2002        623,000,000        800,000,000          -750,000,000
2003        939,000,000        560,000,000        -1,191,000,000
2004        650,000,000        316,000,000        -1,215,000,000
2005        404,000,000        777,000,000           -485,000,000
2006          75,000,000        894,000,000        -1,262,000,000
2007    -1,969,000,000      1,489,000,000        -1,892,000,000
2008       -965,000,000     2,193,000,000             532,000,000
Total      -243,000,000      7,029,000,000        -6,263,000,000

your point? If you don't have anything to add to the discussion, it is not necessary to post

The point is obvious. Do see any correlation between third party support and earnings? If you do or don't what would be the critical lesson that Sony would learn about more money spent towards developing 1st party software? Can Sony learn any lessons from what happened to their competitors earnings in the same time period? If you can't think these things through yourself before quoting a post then it's not necessary to quote.

When scrolling through posts, I don't have the time to figure out what you mean. Its much easier for everyone if you state your point rather than posting profits and losses. You seem to support my opening post that sony should develop more AAA first party IP's. If thats not what you're getting at, I really don't understand. Thanks for adding to the discussion though!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Can the Wii Fanboys who want to point out the superiority of casual games in terms of sales (like everyone didn't already know that was the case) just go somewhere else to gloat about how many people line up to buy the same game they've played for 2 decades? I mean seriously, this thread isn't about you or for you. The Wii and the PS3 are barely in the same tree when it comes to video game markets. I doubt anyone is at the store thinking hmm....Do I want to buy a Wii and Carnival Games or a PS3 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Grats you've sold more, those of us interested in HD games really could care less, you're not going to pull us from games like MGS4 with all the self referential Nintendo games in the world, not even if the Wii gets a 20 to 1 sales advantage.

As to the topic of first party support at hand, I think a big help would be a revemp of several series that kind of hit a wall a few years ago. Siphon Filter could be cool again (it was splinter cell before Splinter Cell existed) and so could Jet Moto, to just name two. Though more then anything else a permanent 299 price point would do wonders. When the PS2 hit 199 in 2002 thats when sales REALLY picked up, its all about the price point.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Impulsivity said:
Can the Wii Fanboys who want to point out the superiority of casual games in terms of sales (like everyone didn't already know that was the case) just go somewhere else to gloat about how many people line up to buy the same game they've played for 2 decades? I mean seriously, this thread isn't about you or for you. The Wii and the PS3 are barely in the same tree when it comes to video game markets. I doubt anyone is at the store thinking hmm....Do I want to buy a Wii and Carnival Games or a PS3 and Metal Gear Solid 4. Grats you've sold more, those of us interested in HD games really could care less, you're not going to pull us from games like MGS4 with all the self referential Nintendo games in the world, not even if the Wii gets a 20 to 1 sales advantage.

As to the topic of first party support at hand, I think a big help would be a revemp of several series that kind of hit a wall a few years ago. Siphon Filter could be cool again (it was splinter cell before Splinter Cell existed) and so could Jet Moto, to just name two. Though more then anything else a permanent 299 price point would do wonders. When the PS2 hit 199 in 2002 thats when sales REALLY picked up, its all about the price point.

This won't end good by saying Casual....I would run thats what I'm doning if one of them sees this...

Former something....

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
sc94597 said:

My main problem with nintendo is : I really can't stand goofy character models but kudos to those who love them. Thats why FFix is my worst FF!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:

When scrolling through posts, I don't have the time to figure out what you mean. Its much easier for everyone if you state your point rather than posting profits and losses. You seem to support my opening post that sony should develop more AAA first party IP's. If thats not what you're getting at, I really don't understand. Thanks for adding to the discussion though!

That's the gist of it. That's what I was getting at.

Pristine20 said:
Blacksaber said:
sc94597 said:

My main problem with nintendo is : I really can't stand goofy character models but kudos to those who love them. Thats why FFix is my worst FF!

Well that explains alot Link and Samus are the few who are not....I can stand them but I think it does not hurt that I like Anime so I'm used to that kind of stuff.

Former something....

Impulsivity said:

Who was talking about sales? Lol You said did nintendo release any new good ips in 20years, and I listed a quarter  of them. Nobody was talking about sales. Fkusumot was just showing a correlation on how much a console maker makes based of 1st and 3rd party. Also btw, why don't you learn who developed Carnival Games, It sure isn't nintendo.

Pristine20 said:
Blacksaber said:
sc94597 said:

Haha FFIX is the ONE FF I didn't finish out of 12 (well not counting 11 which you really can't finish).  I just feel kind of silly playing games like that, especially since I usually have to play them in front of my wife since the computer and TV are in the big main room.  The last thing I want is to be sitting there in shame playing a game that looks like Dragon Ball Z.  I greatly prefer more adult RPGs like.....Parasite Eve!  I'll deal with cheesy Japanese inspired dialogue, but please no cartoon characters with giant heads (I lasted about 12 minutes with Blue Dragon)

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me