By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Words or phrases that piss you off.

Waggle.

Around the Network

"I could care less," when what the person really means is he/she could NOT care less about the topic at hand. I could care less than I do about anything I'm passionate about. "I could care less" implies SOME level of interest, but that's not how people use it. It's like an invisible double-negative.

ddobson said:
"I could care less," when what the person really means is he/she could NOT care less about the topic at hand. I could care less than I do about anything I'm passionate about. "I could care less" implies SOME level of interest, but that's not how people use it. It's like an invisible double-negative.

In the same way... "for all intensive purposes" bugs the ever-loving shit out of me.  IT'S "FOR ALL INTENTS AND PURPOSES."

ddobson said:

I've wondered about that too.  I simply use "I couldn't care less"; why? because I don't care. 

hmmmm......I suppose that I would have to go with pwned as well.  Not when it has been typed, but when I hear the word(since I normally hear it on X-Box Live from people who are over-reacting to one of the kills they made).    

"Everyone" "Everybody" "People"
Be more specific.

Around the Network

"Noob", hate that big time,

anything from the movies with Bill & Ted

"whatever" you know how highschool girls say it

"like" when people like have to say like and then throw in a totally, thats like totally lame

"awesome", the grand canyon is awesome because it puts you in awe, the new madonna song is not awesome (unless you are impressed very very easily)

"You know what I´m saying" if you use this more than once in a conversation I´ll go nuts

I could go on like this forever but only because I love language and lots of people rape it, I also have lots of anger that not even the most violent videogames can compensate for, lets all cross our fingers for Manhunt 2 :)

"I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect's blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It's the same as that."

"PS3 is "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else.""

"We're not going to equip [the PS3 with] a HDD by default, because no matter how much [capacity] we put in it, it won't be enough"

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

General
1. Any word that does not exist.
2. Abbreviations, and spelling mistakes.
3. Over used phrases.
4. When two words are combined to make one.

Specific
1. "I aint doin nuthing." (Well if you are not doing nothing, than you are doing something).
2. "Sucks." Most over used word to insult something. (Vacuums suck, and maybe a few other things. Nothing else).
3. "L.O.L." (Okay, what the fuck is "L.O.L?" Where did it come from? What kind of idiot made it up? Some people use the abbreviation (not word) "L.O.L.", more than a period.

What the hell is "L.O.L?" In reality, when some one (not someone) makes a joke, people are not (not aren't) yelling, "Laugh out loud," or "L.O.L.," they are laughing. They are shouting, "Ha, ha, ha." If some one was shouting, "Laugh out loud," they would look like an idiot. So why is the abbreviation used in writing? First, it was "Laugh out loud," and then some lazy fuck abbreviated it to "L.O.L." And then they got rid of all of the periods, which simplified it to "LOL," and then further, to "lol." All of it is a pile of bull shit. When I first saw the word, "L.O.L.", I didn't know it was an abbreviation, so I sounded out the letters, and kept thinking "lollipop" or something.

How did this piece of crap spread through out (not throughout) the world? It even gets worse! Other words such as "L.M.F.A.S.," and "R.O.L.M.A.S.," fludded the English vocabulary with crap. You might as well say "I.W.L.S.H.T.T.L.N.T.M.T.M.S.B.F.I.D.N.N.S.T.S.T.M.E.H.A.T.S.T.M.P.T.S.L.S.H.," which stands for, "I was laughing so hard that the lady next to me tapped my shoulder, but first I did not notice, so then she tapped me even harder, and then she told me, politely, to stop laughing so hard."

How could "L.O.L.," become this over used? Why L.O.L? It's flawed. It hardly makes sense. If people like to abbreviate so much, why is the word "Out" in the middle? Why couldn't it be "L.L." for "laughing loudly?" In either case, why would you have to state that you are laughing loudly? Why not just abbreviate it even further to "L," for "laughing." Then again, abbreviate it even further to just, "." What's that? A regular, fucking, period, which is the only "thing" that should be used at the end of every sentence, and not an over used, "L.O.L." I mean, the three words are just so randomly, awkwardly placed together. I don't even think "Laugh out loud," is a true sentence. It's just too awkward.

Instead of "L.O.L.," why not use some other stupid abbreviation, such as "H.H.H," for "ha, ha, ha," or "H.D.H.," for "hard-ee-har," or "Y.F.," for "You're funny," or, "T.F.," for "That's funny," or "S.H.," for "So hilarious," or, "V.F.," for "Very funny." They're all stupid, just like, "L.O.L." How would you like it if I use the abbreviation, "L.O.L.," at the end of each sentence?" lol

Isn't it annoying? lol

Seriously, does this look normal? lol

It's a fucking circle, sandwiched between two vertical lines. lol

Gives you a head ache after a while too, when you see too many of them. lol

The one thing I wonder the most, is how this bull shit started, and who was the first person to write, "L.O.L." If one person was able to flood the English vocabulary with "L.O.L.," than I want to flood the English vocabulary with something too. How about, "L.S.M," for "Laughing so much." From now on, every one who is reading this post, must use "L.S.M," instead of "L.O.L." Sure it's also bull crap, but if you can type "L.O.L.," at the end of each sentence, than you would have no problem writing, "L.S.M." The lazy fucks can have fun abbreviating it to, "lsm."

That is so funny. lsm.

Seriously. lsm.

It is hilarious, isn't it? lsm.

I never want to see the abbreviation, "L.O.L.," ever again... Ever!

Notice how perfect the grammer is. Why can not (not cannot, or can't. I don't care if "cannot" is the correct spelling. It is (not it's) two words, glued together, there fore (not therefore), it is (not it's) flawed) every one (not everyone) type as perfectly as the words in this post?

'Guesstimate'

'Patcher' - his name is Pachter...(guilty of this myself)

IMO - in my opinion.  You don't need to say imo, since you are wrote it, we know it is your opinion.

Otherwise, not much else bugs me..

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Guesstimate? If the word actually existed, it would mean the exact same thing as "estimate."

Other words that piss me off are:

Many words, that mean one thing...

One word, that means many things...

Words that nobody uses...

Some words that just summarise a random sentence...

Words that sound differently than how they are written...