By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1UP Yours talks Killzone 2 (really good stuff)...

wow sounds great! should be amazing. A must by for me, along with SOCOM and Resistance 2.

Hopefully they're still working on some things, cause if the driving of tanks is "clunky" then they still have some time to fix it before Feb. 09

Around the Network

I have never said halo killer or typed halo killer before. i just wanted to see what it felt like

De85 said:
makingmusic476 said:
obieslut said:
this game is a halo/crysis killer confirmed

Don't start with this shit again.

From a guy that has the EGM mag with KZ2 as the cover story:

Shane goes into explaining what happened with the first game in terms of hype, sales and story. The closing paragraph he reiterates on how Killzone 2 needs to be judged by it's own merits. Guerrilla hopes that gamers AND the media move beyond the "Halo Killer" title and see the game for what it is.

The games will be entirely different, and Geurrilla aren't aiming to "kill" anything.

I'm glad Guerilla are above making claims that their game is better than any other available.  If you make a quality product then that will speak for and sell itself.  Besides, there is room in the market for more than one successful franchise.

Well put De85. Killzone 2 doesn't have to kill anything, well except helghast!

killzone 2 will be a stunning title, ive yet to see a gameplay demo that can match it

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

leo-j said:
Aj_habfan said:
Didn't 1UP do a preview a few months ago ripping the game? I'm pretty sure they did.

I remember IGN doing one saying that they were impressed with the graphics, and that they dont like the gameplay because it reminds them of call of duty 4(which is stupid because cod4 is one of the best FPS out there).

==> it is not that they dislike the gameplay

it is more that they were not impressed and that the game remembered them CoD4 a lot.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
DTG said:
So is the storyline good or deep?

Why isn't anyone mentioning the storyline, it makes me wonder if they even have anything going for the game in that respect.

Well they haven't seen much of the Killzone 2 specific story yet, but here's what they had to say (and I wrote this in the OP):

- The Killzone universe is apparently rather robust, and Killzone 2 has an impressive and detailed backstory (some of which I think has been put on the new Killzone.com).

- Motion capture is being done by the same guys that worked on Heavenly Sword, and it really helps bring the story to life.

Given those two things, I don't think we have much to worry about.  They also mentioned that the first Killzone had an awesome premise in regards to story and atmosphere.

As far as I know, at the end of Killzone Liberation Helghast forces escaped back to Helghan with a nuke of some sort, and in Killzone 2, the ISA forces are invading Helghan to get back the nuke and capture Scolar Visari, the Helghast leader.

cod4 is soooo good and if killzone 2 is like it then thats even better

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

kasillas88 said:
Has anyone seen Children of Men? What happens during the end scene?

The ending of Children of Men has probaly the most intense urban warfare ever filmed for the cinema.  Granted, its very intense when viewed on the big screen, but it carries over very well to the small screen.  It is a very good film and I recommend it to everyone.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

DTG said:
So is the storyline good or deep?

Why isn't anyone mentioning the storyline, it makes me wonder if they even have anything going for the game in that respect.

Who knows. Who the fuck even cares?

Hmmm... Resistance 2 and KZ 2 looks the same?