By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7 remake sales

It wouldn't sell as well as most people here think. To think that it'd outsell the original is outrageous, and I'd be surprised if it even sold half as much.

Around the Network

I think that this project is pretty unlikely to happen but it would help Square and Sony the game would drive system sales in Japan like how monster hunter 2 G helped the PSP. Since I think that final fantasy 7 is the best game ever I would easily go through the epic adventure over again on my PS3 because I've already beat FF7 like 10-15 times and I think a lot of FF7 owners would want to replay the game again. This remake could be what the PS3 needs to propell it to the top spot this generation.

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

There is no FF7 remake!!

*hides*

laziassazn said:
I think that this project is pretty unlikely to happen but it would help Square and Sony the game would drive system sales in Japan like how monster hunter 2 G helped the PSP. Since I think that final fantasy 7 is the best game ever I would easily go through the epic adventure over again on my PS3 because I've already beat FF7 like 10-15 times and I think a lot of FF7 owners would want to replay the game again. This remake could be what the PS3 needs to propell it to the top spot this generation.

Yeah it would, but the problem is that even if they started now it would be 3-4 years until its released... then this console war is over.. I mean a game this big..  and they still haven't finished Xiii..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

steven787 said:
So, Square would spend more money to remake a game and have lower sales?

I think I read somewhere that Sony said they would cover all the production cost, the only thing holding SE back now is that there to busy making other games. (but its a possibility!)

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58

Around the Network

PS3 will have FF14 so i think if they ever remake FF7 then they should do it in PS4 after FF15.

FFXIII, FFVersusXIII, and a FF7 remake would convince a lot of people to get ps3s.

Then there'd be the guys like me that'd get the game simply because I've never played it before. Not to mention it'd look awesome.

I dunno. I'd say 6-7 million.

Ten million (everyone who bought the first game).

Did these conversations not happen last gen when lots of people wanted one for the PS2 and it never happened. I don't really think we will see one this gen either.

DMeisterJ said:
Ten million (everyone who bought the first game).

Eh, if i bought it i'd at most buy 1 copy though.  I'd probably end up giving it away again too.

Not to mention a lot of people bought it and were supremely disapointed.  (At least half of the original Final Fantasy fans.(

Of course you do have people like Leo-J who proclaim it the best Final Fantasy ever despite never having played it.  Though you also have people who have moved on from gaming.

What's even the best selling remake?  Around 7.5 million tops seems like the right answer to me.  Of course that's depending on which system is out, how much they remake things.

If they tweak the gameplay so it isn't so brokenly easy and added in some new things i could see it doing better.  Cause that was the killer for me.  I can have fun with FF games with bad stories.  I mean I like FF1 and 3 and they have no story at all. (Well which is better then a bad stroy... but still.)

But if you muck up the gameplay too.