By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7 remake sales

sc94597 said:
ph4nt said:
Considering the FF7 fanboys are some of the most rabid ones in the entire industry, it would probably sell a lot.

I know, if you say anything bad about FFVII they will go crazy. Also if you say another ff was better they would just say " you must be a ninty fanboy".

Never heard anyone say this on the internet.  The anti-FF7 fanboys are actually more annoying.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Around the Network
swyggi said:
sc94597 said:
ph4nt said:
Considering the FF7 fanboys are some of the most rabid ones in the entire industry, it would probably sell a lot.

I know, if you say anything bad about FFVII they will go crazy. Also if you say another ff was better they would just say " you must be a ninty fanboy".

Never heard anyone say this on the internet.  The anti-FF7 fanboys are actually more annoying.

Well I have. ON various youtube videos and even once here on vgchartz. Here on vgchartz though most people could tell the difference between an Amazing Rpg and an average one.

sc94597 said:
swyggi said:
sc94597 said:
ph4nt said:

Well I have. ON various youtube videos and even once here on vgchartz. Here on vgchartz though most people could tell the difference between an Amazing Rpg and an average one.

I'm guessing you're referring to FF7.^

Youtube is one of the worst online communities on the internet.  It's best to completely avoid youtube. 

To your last sentence, that's your opinion.

swyggi said:
sc94597 said:
swyggi said:
sc94597 said:
ph4nt said:

Youtube is one of the worst online communities on the internet.  It's best to completely avoid youtube. 

Yes, I was referring to it. And yes its my opinion, but if I was on another website with more sony fans I would get flamed fro saying that. Also youtube while being one of the worse online communities, everyone still goes there, and that is where most of the fanboys go now in days. Also there are many who would do the same in real life. The thing is. Alot of people played FFVII as their first rpg, and no matter how many more better rpgs there are FFVII will always be the best to them.

Actually.. if you own a PS3 and play games.. you most likely had older systems as well.. also.. if ya play games on the PS3 its more like a question of who wouldn't buy the game.. haha and then theres many many ppl that will buy the system for the game... specially limited edition systems and bundles... but yeah.. the real question is....who wouldn't buy it?

Playing Beyond! 

50 Blu-Ray movies

67 BR disc PS3 Games

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
swyggi said:
sc94597 said:
swyggi said:
sc94597 said:
ph4nt said:

Yes, I was referring to it. And yes its my opinion, but if I was on another website with more sony fans I would get flamed fro saying that. Also youtube while being one of the worse online communities, everyone still goes there, and that is where most of the fanboys go now in days. Also there are many who would do the same in real life. The thing is. Alot of people played FFVII as their first rpg, and no matter how many more better rpgs there are FFVII will always be the best to them.

I wouldn't say most fanboys of anything go on youtube, just most people that can't spell or have no logical arguments.  Heck, even the regular conversations can't be deciphered easily.

I personally think that they should create a next chapter in the so called final fantasy saga instead of doing a remake. I really enjoyed the prologue to ff7 that crisis core presented and by continuing the saga somehow (though the story would have to be well crafted) would possibly be a better direction to go than a remake. If there is a remake I'd say it sells between 7-8 million. I know alot of people who would run to the stores to buy a PS3 for this reason alone.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

The question is when will it be remade, the past FF games 1-6 have been remade a couple of times, titles going from the gba to the ds to the psp, and possibly other consoles. Its like FF7 has to be remade. This game will prolly sell 3-4 million, so many fans are waiting for this game, especially since the teaser ( http://www.gametrailers.com/player/5846.html ) has been shown. Hopefully they just get it over with it.

alucardremixed said:

The question is when will it be remade, the past FF games 1-6 have been remade a couple of times, titles going from the gba to the ds to the psp, and possibly other consoles. Its like FF7 has to be remade. This game will prolly sell 3-4 million, so many fans are waiting for this game, especially since the teaser ( http://www.gametrailers.com/player/5846.html ) has been shown. Hopefully they just get it over with it.

I already said why it most likely won't be remade for the ps3 if it is remade this gen.

Here are the two posts.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=914859

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=916206

Also it explains why the teaser doesn't necessarily mean it goes to ps3.

sc94597 said:
alucardremixed said:

I already said why it most likely won't be remade for the ps3 if it is remade this gen.

Here are the two posts.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=914859

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=916206

Also it explains why the teaser doesn't necessarily mean it goes to ps3.

I doubt it's soley about money gain.They also want to make quality games,susceptible to that title or scale of the game.Excluding the handhelds,it is logical for Final Fantasy VII to appear exclusively on HD consoles.