By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF7 remake sales

Why is this in the spny forums shouldnt it be in sales or gaming

Around the Network
swyggi said:
snip

I doubt it would take SE several years to remake FF7, the cost would be the only big thing.  Of course they would have made a lot of money from FFXIII and Versus XIII not including all of their other games. 

Time-wise, it should be much less consuming because not only is the story done but the set-up is done as well.  Meaning how everything works in FF7 is done(the "what happens next" dilemma) aside of a possible change in combat if SE chooses.

Alright, I gotta go to sleep for work tomorrow.  Although I might lurk a little before I do. See ya.

ALright, I will right my reply now though. They still have to make a whole new world, and that takes verey long. NOw it won't take as long as FFXIII, but how long has/will FFXIII be in development? Since I think 2005. That is abou 4 years if it comes out at the beginning of next year which is the earlies. Now once they are done with Versus would most likely be in developement until the end of 09. Then is the most likely time they will start FFVII remake, and lets say it takes about 3 years to develop after the story and setup is done. That is 2013 far longer than what I believe the ps3 succesor to be released.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
sc94597 said:
swyggi said:
sc94597 said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
sc94597 said:
alucardremixed said:

The question is when will it be remade, the past FF games 1-6 have been remade a couple of times, titles going from the gba to the ds to the psp, and possibly other consoles. Its like FF7 has to be remade. This game will prolly sell 3-4 million, so many fans are waiting for this game, especially since the teaser ( http://www.gametrailers.com/player/5846.html ) has been shown. Hopefully they just get it over with it.

I already said why it most likely won't be remade for the ps3 if it is remade this gen.

Here are the two posts.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=914859

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=916206

Also it explains why the teaser doesn't necessarily mean it goes to ps3.

I doubt it's soley about money gain.They also want to make quality games,susceptible to that title or scale of the game.Excluding the handhelds,it is logical for Final Fantasy 7 to appear exclusively on HD consoles.

And they need mony to make quality games. They don't have any free developement teams, and I'm pretty sure they are pooring all their money in their existing projects so how do you expect them to take up another expensive one?

They're not pouring ALL their money on the projects they have out, if they did they would lose money regardless of their profits. SE has more than enough to remake FF7. They already have the story down so development time and the costs that go with that are already cut.

@ Bolded Where did that logic come from? WHose to say that they make back back what they lose. Also how do you know that they make back enough for another full project. They are already working on more than a dozen projects, and there probably are many more not anounced yet.

Your other point is true, but a considerable amount of the developement costs are the graphics. That is why hd console developement cost is about 4 times more than that of the wii.

Final Fantasy XII,the lowest selling Final Fantasy sold 5 million copies.You think SE doesn't make bucket loads of profit from these games? They would probably have had to sell about 2 million copies to recoup developmental and marketing cost and the rest is pure profit.Development on next gen consoles might be costly,but not your exaggeration.

2 Million?  When Graphics are the most expensive part of making HD games?

sc94597 said:
@Feniris Do you know how much development costs are for the hd consoles? Square already has like 5 big games in development for the hd consoles. FFXIII, Versus, Last Renement, Star Ocean 4,an Infinite undiscovered. Now do you believe they have enough money for anything else on the hd consoles? Also lets talk about their games on the wii, and handhelds. Now even if they had the money, they would have to also finish alot of their other projects to free up some teams.Its not that they won't make money, its just they have money in so many other projects they don't have much left for the remake.

My apologies for not be more elborate, I was just explaining what a remake would do if released on the PS3. If you think for a second, They still have to make a Kingdom Hearts 3, so that means, going forward, that a huge company like Squenix would be able to shoulder the burden of these games, while they sell like they're projected to. After that, they can get started on the Remake and Kingdom Hearts 3.  And no, if I don't work for Square, how could I possibly know how much these games are costing them to make?  I just making  a very rough estimate, based soley on what they have done in the past and what other companies have done as well.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

sc94597 said:
swyggi said:
snip

I doubt it would take SE several years to remake FF7, the cost would be the only big thing. Of course they would have made a lot of money from FFXIII and Versus XIII not including all of their other games.

Time-wise, it should be much less consuming because not only is the story done but the set-up is done as well. Meaning how everything works in FF7 is done(the "what happens next" dilemma) aside of a possible change in combat if SE chooses.

Alright, I gotta go to sleep for work tomorrow. Although I might lurk a little before I do. See ya.

ALright, I will right my reply now though. They still have to make a whole new world, and that takes verey long. NOw it won't take as long as FFXIII, but how long has/will FFXIII be in development? Since I think 2005. That is abou 4 years if it comes out at the beginning of next year which is the earlies. Now once they are done with Versus would most likely be in developement until the end of 09. Then is the most likely time they will start FFVII remake, and lets say it takes about 3 years to develop after the story and setup is done. That is 2013 far longer than what I believe the ps3 succesor to be released.

I hate to argue with you about this.  The problem here is that you act like you know something you don't, unless your a Squenix employee. Which, I would assume that you aren't, because as you already said, they're too busy and why would you be wasting your time on these forums.  They would start on development once they have the teams ready, this would probably be a combination of the Last Remnant team and the FFXIII team.  Then, they could start  halfway into 2009, and be done in about 1.5 years which would put them in the same prediciment that FFXII had which sold 5 million copies.  To assume that it will take 4 years to do a remake is just assine.

Check us out at the Vindication Gamer Network on Youtube. 

Around the Network

That would be awesime but they could do it probally for the DS as a remake thats wut they have been doing recently.

"Like you know"

I really don't see why they can't do a remake, everything is already there it's "just" the "Graphixs" left.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

No DS for FFVII.

''Hadouken!''