By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

i think the wii might pass the 360 but N needs to push more first party, and sports games such as madden need to find a way to be constant million sellers ps3 will be last... sorry it just will, there are not enough exclusives to move it ahead of the 360... rather there are not more exclusives than what the 360 will have in exclusives

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

OK thanks guys

PS3 = 16; Wii = 28; XBOX360 = 42

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Wii>ps3>x360

We have something like 6 or 7 years of sales ahead, and my opinio is that ps3 will top x360 in hw. As the atach rate of the multiplats are similar, the one with the bigger user base will win. As for the wii, it can´t be catched in hw, so I think the userbase will garantee the lead in software too.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Simple 360

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

I think it'll be the 360. There's a lot of games that have HUGE sell through on the first week. The thing I find interesting is that 360 games have no legs. Even GTA4 is already off the sales radar.

However, I do think Wii will have the most 10 million sellers.

Around the Network

360, easily. Most of the Wii's million sellers are first party games and I don't think Nintendo can make enough games to pass the 360. Plus Wii owners are cheap and won't buy as many games as 360 owners do.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I highly doubt that the PS3 will ever end up out of last position here. Any multiplat games on the PS3 that sell a million will probably do the same on the 360, and with the huge headstart it's just gonna take more than the next 5 years to catch up.

If the PS3 does pull ahead of the 360, then I believe that.

wii- 25

360- 41

PS3- 15

I mean, if those figures are correct, PS3 needs to score 26 unanswered million sellers just to tie. These generations aren't infinite. It takes more than a hardware lead. Just ask the Wii. You can consistantly sell more software, by the assloads, and it's still a pretty lofty goal.

I don't think either console will catch the 360, however, the Wii can shock and amaze. If the PS3 does pass the 360, it it'll be towards the end of the generation, and is many years away.

What Zen said!

UPDATE! XBOX360 + 1!

PS3 = 16; Wii = 28; XBOX360 = 43

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

PS3
Wii

Sony will begin to match every multiplatform multiseller with the 360, plus Sony has the biggest first party dev team to help score unawnsered points. The Wii just has enough units to put million sellers up no matter the quality of the games put out on it (much like the PS2 last gen). I just don't see that being a big enough quantity to match the PS3 in the end. As far as 360 goes. It is easy to see the 360 sticking in first place and deffenalty second, but its biggest constaraint is time. When will a new Xbox come out and what kind of support will the 360 get afterwards.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I thinking...
Wii
Xbox 360
PS3

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"