By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360=10mill in 19 months // PS3=10mill in ????

So, MS's Xbox 360 hit the 10Million sold to end consumer mark @ 19 months (1year & 6 months). How long do you predict the PS3 will take to hit the 10 million "sell through" mark?

Mine:  PS3 = 10mill in 17 months (April 2008)

Around the Network

depends on whether there will be a price drop soon or not, and the amount of games, i'd say it's approx 14 months

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

360 = 19months

PS3= 16 months

Wii=  8 1/2 months

I say 15 months, that would be about right since the 360 was in short supply for 5 months

Odion said:
I say 15 months, that would be about right since the 360 was in short supply for 5 months

Sooo, let's completly ignore the fact that Sony had problems with manufacturing too and thus only launched in limited supplies in only 2 regions for months uh? OK.

Around the Network

I don't think he's completely ignoring that fact...who says he didn't consider that when making his prediction?
Besides, he's got the same prediction as you. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Chubear said:
Odion said:

Sooo, let's completly ignore the fact that Sony had problems with manufacturing too and thus only launched in limited supplies in only 2 regions for months uh? OK.

Did the PS3 sell out? 

Visit my interactive story site
http://www.catprog.org/story.html

Only problem is 360 was supply constrained until April.

PS3 was supply constrained for ... two months, maybe three at the most?

What is Sony's shipping estimate for March 2008? That'll give you an idea of how they are doing by month 15/16.

Edit:
If I recall, aren't they supposed to ship 11 million consoles in the fiscal year? Anyone know?

So by all accounts so far, the PS3 will be doing better than the 360 in the relative time frame. So, how in the hell did a majority of the gaming community think (just 8 months ago) that the PS3 would be a flop, not do nearly as well as the PS2 and come in last place? Odd.

i say PS3 will get to 10 million in about 18-20 months