By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It begins the creator of GEARS OF WAR calls MGS4 " passive entertainment"

He's right. MGS4 has the action in all the wrong places. The gameplay of the last two playable scenes of the game is lackluster. The most spectacular scenes of the game are not even playable at all! I think that the game is horribly overrated.

That said, Cliffy's Gears was not exactly the pinnacle of modern gaming. I hated the characters, hated the story, disliked the weak boss fights, and felt that the gameplay didn't advance one bit from the first few scenes of the game.

Around the Network
masterb8tr said:
Lol i really hate that cocky guy i remember him(if i am not mistaken) talking about wii like it was a virus or something. He's such an ass and if anything he should just shut up. I for one hated gears of war 1 and i think its my worst purchase ever, while metal gear solid4 is my best. So difference in opinion.

Uh, I didn't think GoW nearly lived up to the hype (I would give it a 7) But he made some good points about the wii.

He just doesn't like MGS as a series probably, like me.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Let me translate this for you:

CliffyB - "I have ADHD and one of my tatoos reads "EHCUOD" so I can be reminded every time I look in the mirror"

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

Man, Leo, what is UP with you taking quotes and blowing them way out of proportion lately? The MGS series has almost as much cutscene as it does game, and most of the actual gameplay is very slow-paced stealth.

AKA PASSIVE!

He's just saying that Gears is a balls-out shooter, while MGS is a stealth game. Sheesh.

This is almost as bad as calling Miyamoto a "cocky-@$$ dev"!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Cliff Breziniski....Brezinski....Brez-something can SUCK MY BALLS

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

I'd like to insult CliffyB, but every time I think of him, I remember his ridiculously amazing BMW M3 that gets worked on at the same place as my family's bimmers. Then I start drooling over its awesomeness and forget all about whatever negative feelings I had for him.

The idiotic quote is that "...passive entertainment is on the way out." That's a pretty dumb statement, since video games ARE passive entertainment.

@ Spartan & Robotech
Nice that you agree, thank-you!

Everyone else, spazzing about it is what he wants as this way no one forgets who he is or Epic. Although he is arrogant I'll agree on that for sure

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

meh, well i will just sit around playing my passive games whilst my GeOW for the pc is siting gaveing dust under my pc

whatever said:
The idiotic quote is that "...passive entertainment is on the way out." That's a pretty dumb statement, since video games ARE passive entertainment.

allow me to desagree.... it's the only active entertainement.... or close to the only one.... you actually take part in the action going on... you can't do that watching TV, a movie, going to the opera, concerts, sports events, expo of paintings/phtographie... you just sit watch and clap.... video game you actually act in the environement designed for you....