By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It begins the creator of GEARS OF WAR calls MGS4 " passive entertainment"

Kasz216 said:
sc94597 said:
Wow that is pretty sad imo. First of all its fine if he wants a very action based game, but that doesn't mean that because they are developing an action based game passive games are on their way out. Also how is MGS4 passive? Do passive people play with guns? Participate in wars? If the rest of the industry had his mentality I would probably quit gaming. The only games I would play are old games that don't need blood pouring from the sky after you kill somebody to have fun.

By passive he means spends large amount of times on cutscenes.

The guy is a known jerk. He and Jaffe or whatever his name is always seem to try and outdo the other in douchebaggery.

The American developers can seem arrogant sometimes but that is not their fault.  They don't know what the Japanese game industry is going through.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
It's nice he feels that way, but we don't need all the FPS games to be the same...

good because GOW is not a FPS :P

OP: isn't he talking about having long lasting cut scenes where you actually do nathing more than watching TV ??? if it's what he is talking about... yeah totally agree... it's one of the reasons I don't like MGS.... but that's me.... I don't pay 50 bucks to have a movie 50% of the time..... on top of the fact I don't like that type of game...

hahaha, that guy should burn in hell

How can he atack MGS like that¿?, I mean, GOW was OK and all, but...were talking about MGS, its the kind of game you cant complaint about, because its "the game"

Im starting to get sick of these FPS developers, they talk like if the ones going to play their games were handsome guys surrounded by ladies, when they tend to be the nerdiest of all. Remember Halo 3 line on launch day¿?

Wii60+DS owner

Long Time Nintendo loyalist

DMeisterJ said:
Wow. CliffyB can go fuck off.

Way to talk shit on another company. Hideo Kojima is so much better than that 17 year old teen trapped in a thirty-something body.

Why don't you go back to dying your hair platinum blonde, and make your testosterone driven videogames while people who enjoy "passive entertainment", play our critically acclaimed game, and game director who is humble.

Arrogance/cockiness is so annoying to me. The little respect I had for CliffyB just went out the window with that dumb-ass comment.

I give this post my full endorsement

He and everyone else at Epic should be worried about the competition that Resistance 2 will make for their GOW2 sequel.

well he cries himself to sleep at night, gears of war will never be as good of a franchise as metal gear

Around the Network

You guys are acting like idiots..Epic games suck because some guy is "COCKY"..

please i watch my friend play MGS4 and i must say its very boring, sure its very pretty maybe the best looking game i ever seen on a console..but it was also very boring, and slow.

I always thought xbox fanboys were annoying, but the past Month since MGS4 hit the shelves, and one little comment about MGS you guys act like a bunch a cry babies, just shut up and enjoy your games, who cares what ONE GUY SAYS...

PEACE

Riachu said:
Kasz216 said:
sc94597 said:
Wow that is pretty sad imo. First of all its fine if he wants a very action based game, but that doesn't mean that because they are developing an action based game passive games are on their way out. Also how is MGS4 passive? Do passive people play with guns? Participate in wars? If the rest of the industry had his mentality I would probably quit gaming. The only games I would play are old games that don't need blood pouring from the sky after you kill somebody to have fun.

By passive he means spends large amount of times on cutscenes.

The guy is a known jerk. He and Jaffe or whatever his name is always seem to try and outdo the other in douchebaggery.

The American developers can seem arrogant sometimes but that is not their fault.  They don't know what the Japanese game industry is going through.

I would say they sound arrogant EVERYTIME they open their mouths and tend to understimate anything not american.

But, I couldnt care less anyway, 99% of americans doesnt even know about the EURO 2008, what can they posiblly know about games : )

Wii60+DS owner

Long Time Nintendo loyalist

Gears of War and MGS4 are as overrated as each other.

CliffyB and Hideo Kojima are as self-deluded as each other.

Need I say more?

RAcCoOnErOuS said:
You guys are acting like idiots..Epic games suck because some guy is "COCKY"..

please i watch my friend play MGS4 and i must say its very boring, sure its very pretty maybe the best looking game i ever seen on a console..but it was also very boring, and slow.

I always thought xbox fanboys were annoying, but the past Month since MGS4 hit the shelves, and one little comment about MGS you guys act like a bunch a cry babies, just shut up and enjoy your games, who cares what ONE GUY SAYS...

PEACE

what is with you people and instant gratification?

shio said:
Gears of War and MGS4 are as overrated as each other.

CliffyB and Hideo Kojima are as self-deluded as each other.

Need I say more?

NO :) :P