By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Soul Calibur Legends screensm from Famitsu scan

LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Looks interesting...but I'm confused...what's with the standard fighting in the bottom right? It's an adventure game, and a fighter?

I don't know Ben. Good question, maybe Namco is making a special edition that features a half assed SC2 or SC3 port? SCL looks interesting otherwise. I'd like to get some gameplay details, is it straight action adventure or does it feature RPG elements?

How do you know it would be half-assed? This game could easily fit SCII on the same disc, unless Legends is greater than 6-7.5GB (depending on whether a Wii game can use the full 8.5 or is limited to 7 like the 360).

SCIII is also possible, especially if Legends uses the same engine (even if it's upgraded for the Wii).

Wii games can use the full 8.5, they are not limited to the 7 that the 360 is. So yeah, they could stick SCII Gamecube version on there and take up less than 1/5th of the disc space. They could even clean up the graphics.

Edit:  MUCH better would be an SC1 remake.  The best in the series by far.  (SC1 > SC2 > SE >>>>>> SC3 which was a bad game)

Around the Network

The two screens at the bottem could be from the Dreamcast game. Either it's bundeled in with it, or they are looking back at it's histroy.

Smashchu said:
The two screens at the bottem could be from the Dreamcast game. Either it's bundeled in with it, or they are looking back at it's histroy.

The screen on the left is from the PSone game, the screen on the right is from teh DC game.  Yeah, it's likely just a history reference, but how awesome would it be to get an SC1 remake along with the game?

Eh? 360 games only use 7 gigs of a DVD? :o

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said:
Eh? 360 games only use 7 gigs of a DVD? :o

Yeah...that's news to me too...
So...the Wii has more storage per disc than 360?  I'll remember that for pointless fanboy arguments hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

... why would the space on a DVD be limited to 7gb? That doesn't make ANY sense. A single layer DVD is 4.7gb, and Dual layer is 9.4gb ... so ... please tell us why the 360 is limited to 7?

LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Looks interesting...but I'm confused...what's with the standard fighting in the bottom right? It's an adventure game, and a fighter?

I don't know Ben. Good question, maybe Namco is making a special edition that features a half assed SC2 or SC3 port? SCL looks interesting otherwise. I'd like to get some gameplay details, is it straight action adventure or does it feature RPG elements?

How do you know it would be half-assed? This game could easily fit SCII on the same disc, unless Legends is greater than 6-7.5GB (depending on whether a Wii game can use the full 8.5 or is limited to 7 like the 360).

SCIII is also possible, especially if Legends uses the same engine (even if it's upgraded for the Wii).

I don't know. It was really a dumb statement to make on my part. I have just been jaded by Ubisoft. Also the 360 is not limited to 7GB. The 360 has a 9.4GB disc capacity.

Darc Requiem said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Darc Requiem said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I don't know. It was really a dumb statement to make on my part. I have just been jaded by Ubisoft. Also the 360 is not limited to 7GB. The 360 has a 9.4GB disc capacity.

I heard the disc had to be formatted, which limits their size. If you have a link showing that isn't the case, please provide it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Dolla Dolla said:
... why would the space on a DVD be limited to 7gb? That doesn't make ANY sense. A single layer DVD is 4.7gb, and Dual layer is 9.4gb ... so ... please tell us why the 360 is limited to 7?

Good question, but it's been stated many time. "Optical Drive - As many have speculated, Xenon will not use Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. Games will come on dual-layer DVD-9 discs. While the media is the same as that of the current Xbox, the usable space on each disc is up to 7 GB. The drive is slated to run at 12X." That's quoted from Gamespy http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/microsoft-xbox/594331p1.html

"Retail copies of Wii games are supplied on DVD-like optical discs, which have a capacity of 8.5 Gigabytes."

Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

What ??? only 7 GB for the Box ??? thats hard to belive, how many disks is Oblivion on ??? and where are the Xbox fanboys when you need them ??? I know you read the Nintendo forum in case we secretly troll you, so speak up.