By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Soul Calibur Legends screensm from Famitsu scan

http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=35202_SCL1_122_1172lo.jpg

Early in development.

Edit: damn typing errors in the title so annoying that I can't fix 'em... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Looks interesting...but I'm confused...what's with the standard fighting in the bottom right? It's an adventure game, and a fighter?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Looks interesting...but I'm confused...what's with the standard fighting in the bottom right? It's an adventure game, and a fighter?

I don't know Ben. Good question, maybe Namco is making a special edition that features a half assed SC2 or SC3 port? SCL looks interesting otherwise. I'd like to get some gameplay details, is it straight action adventure or does it feature RPG elements?

Judging from the pictures alone, it looks like it has group battles (with lots of cheesy visual effects) and some more focused classical one-on-one fights. Could be a nice way to vary the challenge and break things up a bit, although if the story is nonexistent this is just going to feel like Final Fight 2007: Now with Magic Swords!

HELL YES, this better rock,it looks sweeet, don´t mind if they go in a new direction with this one as long as its not done half assed

Around the Network

Probably similar to SC2 weapon master mode but 1 on 1 battles will be classic SC and the missions where u fight multiple foes will be the new gameplay elements

Darc Requiem said:
BenKenobi88 said:

I don't know Ben. Good question, maybe Namco is making a special edition that features a half assed SC2 or SC3 port? SCL looks interesting otherwise. I'd like to get some gameplay details, is it straight action adventure or does it feature RPG elements?

How do you know it would be half-assed? This game could easily fit SCII on the same disc, unless Legends is greater than 6-7.5GB (depending on whether a Wii game can use the full 8.5 or is limited to 7 like the 360).

SCIII is also possible, especially if Legends uses the same engine (even if it's upgraded for the Wii).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

That would be cool, it'd almost be like two games in one.

In other news...that main character dude looks stupid.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The images at the bottom simply go with the text in blue at the left, and illustrates when they explain what the Soul series is. It's just a PS1 snapshot at the left of Soul Edge (evil sword), and a Dreamcast snapshot of Soul Calibur (Saint sword). Nothing to do with the Wii game, except that they explain it takes place between these two games.

BenKenobi88 said:
That would be cool, it'd almost be like two games in one.

In other news...that main character dude looks stupid

Lets just hope thats a very early version of a very early sketch of a very weird dream somebody had.