By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTAIV and MGS4 come and go...

WTF

360 had a 7 million lead that was growing last year & it had the "best holiday lineup in gaming history" (M$'s words....not mine) yet it was outsold by PS3 last xmas

gap will continue to shrik my friend....the gap will by only 2 million by the end of the year..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Well, at launch the PS3 came out of the gates and outsold the 360 for a while. This was especially true of the European launch. And until this year (2008), the 360 was outselling the PS3 every single week -- so after the PS3 closed the gap considerably, the 360 widened it right back up.

But lately, the PS3 has been gaining momentum. GTA 4 and MGS 4 aren't going to change the console war, they're just tiny battles. Both of them smaller than, say, Mario Kart which outsold even the best selling version of GTA 4 (and MGS will never compete, of course).

Cant fault ya for speaking the truth. I do, however, feel that all console owners are going to enjoy great games this year and next. Its the sales warriors who loath the numbers, not the gamers. I love my X360 and Wii, and would love a PS3 if I could afford one. However, I am comfortable with the consoles I have and have plenty to keep me busy.

i think ps3 got adjusted down in europe thats why the gap grew again

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

yes, about 50k

Around the Network

Easy Darth, you own a great console and have great games to look forward to. With less than 5 months till Christmas the PS3 (WILL NOT) decrease the XBox360's lead by over 3 million. Comments like that make you seem desperate, and I know your better than that.

I think it's fair to say that 360 is doing very well against a console with a more establish brand name, GTA that was supposed to be a PlayStation series and MGS4.

John_Doe said:
yes, about 50k

i feel really sorry for crazzyman...he'll spend summer counting (again) the ps3 sold this year: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=14781

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

BengaBenga said:
I think it's fair to say that 360 is doing very well against a console with a more establish brand name, GTA that was supposed to be a PlayStation series and MGS4.

Yep. The 360 is basically stealing the exclusivity of any title without "final," "fantasy," "metal," or "gear" in the name away from Sony. MS has a lower price point, so each PS360 multiplatform release hurts Sony and helps MS.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

TheTruthHurts! said:
Easy Darth, you own a great console and have great games to look forward to. With less than 5 months till Christmas the PS3 (WILL NOT) decrease the XBox360's lead by over 3 million. Comments like that make you seem desperate, and I know your better than that.

I thought maybe it could....maybe it won't.....I am very bad at guessing on the spot

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey