By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU sales UP!!PS3 OUCH!

when more bundles are availiable it will creep up again, still decent figures though

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

This indeed is a big OUCH. PS3 was averaging 90K+ per week before MGS4 launch, now suddenly it drops below that.

Doesn't look good.

Seems like the DS refuses to slow down as well. That damn thing truly is a beast.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

It's what happens when you have 1 blockbuster game, and very little else to back it up. Microsoft had the same issue with Gears of War in 2006 - great game, great sales, but only a quick hardware spike since the system was still overpriced, and couldn't get out of the "typical" fanbase of buyers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Yeah, huge PS3 drop. 30 percent. It dropped so much it's being outsold by the XBOX 360... wait, nevermind.

Look like that numbers are the average for Wii and DS.

Around the Network

Ouch. Expected and all but what can Sony do to improve the lack of PS3 sales. Don't think even a price cut would do a huge amount over the long term IMO.

truly pathetic...I guess the price is just to high.

Hm, interesting note is that PS3 sold less than the week before MGS4 (June 7th, 93K). Still, it's not bad by any means.

And of course, Wii and DS continue to see impressive sales. *insert Scrooge McDuck gif here*

I honestly think SONY need to get the 80GB into EU...once againt hey do a "WTF decision".

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The PS3 had a higher average Pre-MGS4 because of the hype surrounding the game. And because there was no 80 gig bundle, there was no reason to wait to buy a PS3 during the MGS4 week, when they may have been harder to find.