By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU sales UP!!PS3 OUCH!

A more expensive bundle wont help. They could add the kitchen sink for "only" $100 dollars more and it wont help. What it needs is a price drop even if they have to strip it even more. I personally just want a PS3 just to play games. If they had a game only system for $199, I would get it immediately

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Imthelegend said:
Ouch. Expected and all but what can Sony do to improve the lack of PS3 sales. Don't think even a price cut would do a huge amount over the long term IMO.

300% increase in NA YOY, 200% increase in EU YOY

PS3 is the only console in history to have such increased sales even months after a price cut.

A $200 price reduction (potentially the biggest price reduction ever), the Blu-Ray format winning (and the PS3 being the least expensive and only fully compatible Blu-Ray player), and the release of two of the biggest games of the generation should be credited for that ... it wasn't just a price reduction.

This is going to be a long night of marginalizing. I think I'm going to go and play some SSBB.

Have a nice night trying to spin this as horribly as possible people. I'll check back on this no-doubt epic thread in the A.M... It should provide a few laughs for me when I wake up.

Not that big a drop - considering it's still above the 360 >.>, good week for all - DS is kind of killing them all though.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

NJ5 said:
PS3 dominating 360 by 20k consoles a week after one of its biggest exclusives...

@Munkeh111: Actually I always heard MGS was pretty big in Europe, or am I mistaken?

MGS3 sold more in EU than NA..but the other ones favoured NA, so we will see after MGS4 LTD sales.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

PSP sales only up 4k for  FFVII:CC (looked at wrong table before). So much for any boost.

I thought it would be around 100k. Well, at least it is sell pretty good. I think if sony releases a slim model of the ps3, with a $40 price cut( any price cut would increase sales, this way they will keep their goal toward profitability while still increasing sales) right before FFXIII is released in japan, and I think you could probably see a huge boost for a few weeks. It may help it boost past the 360 if it hadn't already, but if it did then it will set them apart. I think that could help with sales, but I don't believe anything this gen will make it's stills stay high constantly.

Need the 80GB in EU. Sales would really take off if that were introduced. No idea what the fuck Sony is thinking not doing it.

MGS4!

Although the drop-off is rather big I find the PS3 performing really well and healthy in Europe!

Outselling the X360... Seling 80-90k a week! Not too shabby at all! Although I recon it could've been so much more had there been an 80Gb bundle and had MGS not been so front-loaded! PS3 won't start selling Wii numbers in the near future... But for now! It's doing just fine!

THE NETHERLANDS

I's this a good thing or bad thing for Sony.You decide.