By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360/PS3 will have the same "quality" of shooters/360 STILL better.

The Xbox360 and the PS3 are both excellent consoles for shooters, but for someone with one platform who is a big shooter fan the Xbox360 is still the best place to be, even if quality available is comparable.

The multiplatforms - CODIV, CODV, Bioshock, Battlefield Bad company + Many more.

The Exclusives for the PS3 - RFOM1/2, KZ2, Socom *Forgive me, im not up to speed on this title*,

Edit: Ok - MGS4 (Unique), i'll leave out the rest because I don't want to bring in too many more shooters.

For the most part, whilst the PS3 exclusives look to be high quality. They are very comparible with the multiplatform games out there. Its just more of the same. RFOM/KZ2/*Socom* have to compete directly with the multiplatforms available to get any traction. They are very similar in gameplay and style. RFOM feels a lot like CODIV to me for instance. They don't lack anything individually and are all excellent titles, they just don't seem to distinguish themselves from each other and the multiplatform games. Edit: The most distinguished title availabe on the PS3 is MGS4 when considered from the perspective of its similarity or lack there of to other titles available on the system

For the gamer, who wants to play the same game ad-nauseum over and over? Its great to have a quality title or two in your collection, but what incentive is there to buy KZ2 if you're already loving Resistances multiplayer? Even Sony understands this, and one of the reasons given for KZ2's delay was the fact it was "too similar to RFOM2".

The Xbox360 Exclusives - Left 4 Dead, Gears of War 1/2, Halo 3

The interesting thing here is : All of the above are unique between themselves and unique when compared to the multiplatform games available. They round out the multiplatform games without competing directly with them. They each have their own style and they have each got unique gameplay elements that set themselves aside and above their competition. They are also made by three of the BEST FPS develpers so they bring something special to the table. Valve, Epic and Bungie are quite an amazing combination.

For the style of games the PS3 has, multiplatforms are perfectly comparable. For the style of games the 360 has, the PS3 doesn't have such variety.

The quality is there individually yes for both platforms. The thing is this, Microsoft has just done a better job at bringing the gamer a better lineup to enjoy.

This is not a jibe on Sony, I haven't said they lacked quality FPS games. They are all excellent. What im saying to sum it up is that the Xbox360 has a better lineup when you think about all the games together as a package.

Tease.

Around the Network

Well, if we are looking at shooters, and you ignore two of the biggest PS3 shooters, Uncharted and Ratchet. Admitedly Ratchet may not fit in, Uncharted certainly should, though Mass Effect probably should. You have also forgotten Warhawk.... PS3 lineup is worse if you ignore those games, but I think they are about the same overall

I don't understand your reasoning on how Resistance and KZ2 are just more of the same FPS-wise, but Halo 3 is not.

you miss uncharted, Ratchet hell even MGS4 to a certain extent

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Munkeh111 said:
Well, if we are looking at shooters, and you ignore two of the biggest PS3 shooters, Uncharted and Ratchet. Admitedly Ratchet may not fit in, Uncharted certainly should, though Mass Effect probably should. You have also forgotten Warhawk.... PS3 lineup is worse if you ignore those games, but I think they are about the same overall

Just because a game has shooting does not make it a shooter.  Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, and Mass Effect aren't really shooters.

You might as well call Lost: Via Domus a shooter because it has a gun in it.

Torillian said:
I don't understand your reasoning on how Resistance and KZ2 are just more of the same FPS-wise, but Halo 3 is not.

While I completely agree wasn't anything special except for a few minor things, R2 and KZ2 won't be anything special either.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Munkeh111 said:

Just because a game has shooting does not make it a shooter.  Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Warhawk, and Mass Effect aren't really shooters.

Torillian said:

While I completely agree wasn't anything special except for a few minor things, R2 and KZ2 won't be anything special either.

If the main focus of the game is shooting.... I would call it a shooter. I played MGS 4 as a shooter and I forgot to mention that, and that should certainly be included. You spend most of your time in Uncharted shooting, though Ratchet should probably not be counted as it is similar, but more platforming. Warhawk certainly is, just because it also has planes does not stop it from being a shooter. With Mass Effect, I have played it as a shooter so far, but that is because I have started as a soldier, and obviously there are other ways you can play it.

Also, you cannot tell whether KZ 2 or Resistance 2 will be special or not. We have seen little of both games, so we cannot judge yet

twesterm said:

I agree Halo 3 wasn't as brilliant as the score made it out to be. Its not special or outstanding in terms of quality but its good enough so that people can apreciate its unique traits.

However it unquestionably has its own unique style of gunplay/gameplay/art direction that sets it apart from other shooters.

Tease.

@Twesterm
I think Resistance 2 might be able to bring something special with the multiplayer and the other additions they hope to bring in if they can pull it off, but I agree that KZ2 doesn't appear to be anything special.

Bleh too many FPS anyway. I feel like that's because the game developers are too lazy to take the time to make animations for third person games. :p

Squillium first you post bull$hit about MGS4 being 27fps, now you attack the PS3 yet again.

You said you wanted fanboyish troll threads to end, now why are you posting more of these troll threads?

mM