By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Square Enix to start releasing titles on PSN...

Riachu said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Riachu said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Xneogears is overrated.FF7 is what the people want.

The only problems that Xenogears has are horrendous graphics, slow moving text and a rushed Disk 2 so I don't see why you think Xenogears is overrated

It's way to cliched and a bit predictable,especially in the beginning.

The plot is suppose to get more interesting as the game goes along.  Many consider it the be among the best plots of a JRPG.  I haven't played it though my brother's friend did and seemed to like it.

And I'm one of them..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
NiKKoM said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:
Riachu said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

The only problems that Xenogears has are horrendous graphics, slow moving text and a rushed Disk 2 so I don't see why you think Xenogears is overrated

It's way to cliched and a bit predictable,especially in the beginning.

???? Cliched??? Did you even played the game?? and not just the beginning.. I mean finished it..

I just started it,but from what I've played; I described it pretty well.Hopefully it gets better.

Ow.. why didn't you say that in the first place... get back when you finished it.. :) I hope that you're old enough to fully understand it.. I really mean that.. The story is complex..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

*bleu-ocelot* said:

overrated? It's the other way around...

I really hope Xenogears get a European release since it never have had one.... I needed to import it to be able to play one of the greatest games ever created, I even rate it above OoT.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Soriku said:

@bleu

That's probably because you like the (inferior) "techy" FFs and probably don't like fantasy FFs even though the name is Final FANTASY.

I personally prefer the techy FF partially because FFX was my first FF and I just prefer sci-fi over fantasy

Now just bring them outside of Japan. No idea what their excuse could be to delay it...

If they're talking about 12 different titles, that sounds like pretty well their whole classic lineup. It really was the golden age of Square.

A lot of them I still own, but there are others I missed that I always wanted to get around to. For instance, Einhander, Bushido Blade, and especially Vagrant Story. I'd probably grab Xenogears again too, even though I'm not exactly its greatest fan... there's enough genius in there to justify it, even amid the mountains of schizophrenic bullshit.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
DMeisterJ said:
SERIOUSLY SE.

NORTH AMERICA, I WILL PAY ANY COST TO PLAY FFVII AGAIN. AND XENOGEARS.

PLEASE.

Sorry for the caps, but had to make sure that square could see it. I never got to beat Xenogears cause my disc was scratched.

but you don't even own a PS3

Erm... PSP can play PS1 games... did you not know that?

ofcourse I do....but I thought you need a PS3 for the transfer..

Store.playstation.com

Ever heard of the PlayStation Store for PC? 

Sounds great!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
DMeisterJ said:
SERIOUSLY SE.

NORTH AMERICA, I WILL PAY ANY COST TO PLAY FFVII AGAIN. AND XENOGEARS.

PLEASE.

Sorry for the caps, but had to make sure that square could see it. I never got to beat Xenogears cause my disc was scratched.

but you don't even own a PS3

Store.playstation.com

LOL....but I thought it doesn't get all the content PS store does

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem01 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Store.playstation.com

LOL....but I thought it doesn't get all the content PS store does

It doesn't get the Rock Band Tracks, or PS3 Games, or PS3 demos or that, but it gets all PSP stuff (including PS1 games).

YES!!! now I have to wait for it to be released on the US PSN!! I want Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile, DragonQuest VII, Front Mission 3!! All these from Square-Enix (I'm hoping for a $10 price).

Other RPGs I want are Grandia, Suikoden I and II, Tales of Destiny 2 and Thousand Arms! But those are from different developers so we'll see what happens...