By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else think Little Big Planet will sell terribly?

I would say 750k in the first Christmas season. If the game has good word of mouth, it should reach 2 millions in the next 6 months.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

little big planet is looking like one of the best games ever made.

i expect 10`s across the board for this game, there simply isnt anything on wii or 360 thats looks as fun to play as little big planet. the custimisability and downloadable content is unlimited, this game will sell very very well.

only and only rabid fanboys claim little big planet will sell poorly.

il reiterate the sentence above^ "its not that they say LBP will sell poorly, instead its more along the lines of they want LBP to sell poorly"

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I see 1.5 mil to 3 million lifetime sales. Pretty good for a new IP.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

I love the concept and already have this game paid for. I see where the doubters are coming from in terms of sales, and I don't think anyone here is doubting that LBP is shaping up to be a potentially fantastic game (if you are... see the dev. walkthroughs on gametrailers). We've all seen it before: great games that fall by the wayside for one reason or another. Don't think LBP is immune to this possibility and don't think that just because it's a great game that it'll sell. How this game is designed, it will live or die by the community. With that said, this game will only realize it's potential through good initial sales and the content they make that will motivate others to buy it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

It won't sell as well as some are saying it will, but there is no way in hell it'll sell terrible. People seem to have a problem understand what causes games to sell. It doesn't have to do with quality, strong age appeal, ect. It has to do with marketing, hype, and brand appeal.

Perfect example? Red Steel. Launch title on the Wii that had large hype behind it, a massive wave of advertising, and strong brand appeal to early Wii adopters who wanted a shooter. But the game had bad quality and may or may not have been targeted at a majority of wii adopters in the beginning who were core gamers looking for quality titles.

So let's look at LBP. Massive hype behind it, will get legitimate advertising(already is actually), and has built up a responsive brand. The game is going to sell, and it's going to sell well. It might not do 4-5 million as some are suggesting but the title will go platinum easily. Too many people try to allocate sales soley to quality or some shit like that. Trust me core gamers will buy based on hype, and if it turns out to not be so good, then it's legs will die off. Red Steel was an example that was front heavy then dropped off. Haze was another example. But when it comes to casual titles like that, especially ones that offer to the core as well, they will sell given said reasons. NOt to mention this probably will be a quality title.

Around the Network

yes i believe little big planet will sell a lot

Zucas said:
Too many people try to allocate sales soley to quality or some shit like that. 

This bugs me too.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
Zucas said:
Too many people try to allocate sales soley to quality or some shit like that.

This bugs me too.

Yes it's a very "bugging" comment but it's the truth.  Quality hardly has anything to do with sales.  Although it can help sales, especially if its legs of a game targeted at core gamers who read reviews, but other than that it's hype, brand, and marketing that are the bulk of sales.  I mean I'd love to think quality was the driving force of sales too, but unfortunately it isn't.  I'm just stating the cold hard truth.  And people need to understand this if they are going to discuss sales, that we need to understand what the driving force is as well.

anyone whos looked into little big planet knows theres never been another game like it and its gonna sell like crack in prison

davidc538 said:
anyone whos looked into little big planet knows theres never been another game like it and its gonna sell like crack in prison

Crack does not sell that well in prison...its rare to have it there because people have to find ways to sneak it in