By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else think Little Big Planet will sell terribly?

and yes...it well sell very well, it might not have the best first week sales, but the I predict that the game will have serious longevity in its legs

Around the Network

It will sell well. I so many people on the internet that want the game. And I think that the general public don't care about it much, but when I look around so many ps3 owners who don't follow games, and so many average gamers that don't even own a ps3 wants the game. I feel it will selll better than motorstorm.

4 ≈ One

I think it will do well, but certainly won't be the killer system seller some make it out to be. I hope it does great because the appeal is user generated content and I'm buying it day 1, but I don't see it doing more than 1 million lifetime, at least not much more.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

jerseyboy609 said:
davidc538 said:
anyone whos looked into little big planet knows theres never been another game like it and its gonna sell like crack in prison

Crack does not sell that well in prison...its rare to have it there because people have to find ways to sneak it in

lol....but if you could walk freely into prison with a bunch of crack, would you have any problem selling out?

it will sell terribly, terribly well

Around the Network
Captian_Twig said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
This game should sell well, i'm assuming that the guy was wording the post like that because he is jealous that his console (assuming it being the wii or 360) won't be getting this title!

Yep, about that. The Wii  has enough games like this. I am in no way jealous.

The Wii has an AAA caliber platformer that looks great and allows user created content?  Well, shit, what have I been doing here waiting for LBP?

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

I say it has a most opening week Worldwide of 350k - 500k, but it keeps selling and selling and has ridiculous legs on its way to 3.75 Million

I think this game will sell well. I give it about 3-5 mil lifetime, assuming, of course, that Sony is serious about making LBP one of it's staple brands. If so, they're going to bundle this game, which will definitely boost sales.
This is also about Sony jumpstarting it's online reputation, as well. This game has the potential to put the PSN on the map far more than HOME or, to a lesser extent, Singstar or Buzz. If a solid, imaginative online community builds around this game, and if Sony supports this community with ever increasing downloadable tools and editors, this could become an online behemoth for Sony. That will get a fire started on the internet that could ignite word of mouth spreading from message boards to the "Dude, you've got to see this"-person-to-person interactions.
I think the potential is huge, now we'll have to wait and see how hard Sony pushes this one.

I, for one, will be waiting until I can see how those communities come together. I'm more interested in playing other people's levels than creating my own. But who knows? Maybe I'll catch the bug. haha

darthdevidem01 said:
I say once again.....LBP could be classed as one of the breakthroughs of this gen (along with the "Wii franchise")

if SONY markets it perfectly it could become PS3's defining game....the game that sets it apart from 360 & wii

@Paul

your OP avatar is the funniest thing ever!!

I'm pretty much a Wii owner myseelf. I don't normally agree with this guy, but this is pretty much the only game on the PS3 that I am drooling over. I hope Darth is right and this game will sell well. Games like this deserve to sell well. When PS3 drops to under $200(4-5+ years?) I will aim to pick up a PS3 for this game.

Cheers for LBP.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

jerseyboy609 said:
davidc538 said:
anyone whos looked into little big planet knows theres never been another game like it and its gonna sell like crack in prison

Crack does not sell that well in prison...its rare to have it there because people have to find ways to sneak it in

Maybe he meant arse crack? he seems to talk out of it a fair bit, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about....mind you its free inside so I could be wrong?