By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your age and system of choice?

Almost 24, so still 23. consol of choice...well NES 8-bit is still rocking but for the moment GC is the primary. Will proberbly buy: 1, Nintendo DS (for NSMB) 2, Wii (Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy) 3, Xbox360 (when price drop, for some good car games)

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

Well I'm 25 years old and I love NINTENDO. first I owned PC ( x80286 intel, x80486 DX, Pentium I, II, III and Now IV with 3.6 Gi not huge but more than enough ) and played hundreds games in ( WOLF 3D and DOOM I, II Dangerous Dave, GODS, ALADDIN, Prince of Persia, Prehistorik and many mores) but when I discovered the emulation of nintendo's games I bought every home console of Nintendo and now I'm lookin for a Wii it's difficult to get one where I live there is no Nintendo of Africa (he he not yet). well I've a NES, SNES, N64 and GC and all the ZELDA games the european versions of course and GB, GBA SP, DS not the Lite one and FORZA NINTENDO.

Cool, people from all over the world. It's -19 F (-29 c) here in Finland right now, how's it there in the region of Africa where you live? EDIT: It's actually quite convenient when you know what you're doing. The air is very dry outside but I'm not losing any moisture when I exhale because it forms chunks of ice in my moustache which I can eat afterwards And after a cold day it's nice to relax in a 100 c sauna (it's possible to cook eggs in the seats). 2nd EDIT: To clarify things, I do not cook eggs on the sauna bench, however there's so much heat that it would be possible. I hear it can be pretty warm in the northern Africa at summertime. 58 c in the year 1922 in Libya must have been pretty nasty.

-29°c Woaw so cold I live in west-north of Africa today it's about 12°c . I live in Algeria. Exactly in Oran guess you don't know this town I understand but it's a wonderful place you wanna see some pictures I'll send you if you want. and about temperature more than 50°c where I live it has never happened the maximum if I'm not wrong is about 40 °c in summer and the mediterraneen see is 150 meters far from me !!! ... I'm just an algerian who loves NINTENDO that's all... Mr. MIYAMOTO in particular.

I am 27 with Wii (3+7vc), PS2 (38), and I'm a heavy PC Gamer (hundreds) as well. :) It's nothing out right now (0 degrees F), from Davison, Michigan, USA I do occasional computer support/repairs but mainly spend my 24/7 time helping my mid-80's grandparents, whom I live with (as well as my mother) so they (grands) don't have to go into assisted living homes. Btw, I'm near broke from my wii-fund, so I'm stuck with my GBA classic 'till things get better (then it's DS Lite all the way baby!) D'oh! My mind is really wandering today.. I'm heavily into Jrpg's (regular, action and strategy), mech games (CLASSIC style Mechwarrior, Armored Core, Front Mission, ZOE), also like a significant amount of the Mario based games as well. I also love very certain types of shooters (UT, UT2K4, Metroid Prime, Call of Duty PC series) as well as the occasional puzzle game (Monkey Ball 1 & 2 for Gamecube).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

27(Seems I'm ancient by this forums standards) and as for as consoles go I'm a Wii60 man. I currently have to give the edge to the 360 because being on the market longer it has the more expansive game library. That said I'm digging the Wii's new user interface. It really helps with the overall gaming experience. As far as portables go its the DS, no contest. I remember last year before the Wii launched, my DS just flat out dominated my time.

Wow, long time reader, first time poster now. :D After reading some of the people's ages, I really feel like a spoiled kid now, and all this time I thought my parents didn't love me. I started playing video games when I was about 4. I'm currently 21, I live in Ontario Canada, I'm married and I have 2.5 children (Third is due in early July). I've had a NES, SNES, GB, GBA, N64, PS2, GC, WII, DS. I started on the classics with the NES, I can still remember some of the games, like SMB3, my favourite game for the NES, I must have beaten it about 10 times before I was 6. Nintendo was always in my house until the N64. After that I was growing older and I needed more mature games and the GC didn't really offer the best choices. I only picked up a GC for the family/fun games like Harvest Moon and ToS (GREAT RPG, if you don't have a GC, buy one, if you have a Wii, pick the game up IT'S EFFING GREAT) I love the Wii. I think it will do very well this generation. It has had a huge success, continues to sell out, and it is a good way for those fat kids (Myself included :( ) to get a little workout. It seems more and more 3rd party devs are being lured over to the Wii, hell MANHUNT2 is being created for the Wii now, however it's also for the PSP and PS2 which may fuel some of the cross platform generation debate. However, MANHUNT is geared towards a more adult audience and if Nintendo can get more games like that, I see a troubling future for the PS3 and 360. I was VERY PRO Sony for the longest time, since early 2001. I was all for the PS3. I thought the PSP was going to be the GOD of handhelds. However, Sony seems to have this attitude and arrogance that is unmatched in the console market. I thought the DS was a piece of crap. I thought it was just gimmicky and that the PSP with it's "raw" power would offer a better game experience. Than comes the proprietary formats, UMD. That made me sick. Then came the "media" powerhouse. It's a damn gaming machine, not a music/video player.... *shakesfist* So I come into some money and I have about $400. It's either I get a PSP for just me, or I can get 2 DS', one for myself and one for my wife. I made the best choice and I've been in love with the DS since. I buy a game about once or twice a month, just picked up Yoshi's Island, it's fun :D. Now, I'm still liking the PS3 at this time. Then I hear things from Sony like, Consumers will pay anything we price the PS3 at. Umm? Are you an idiot? No, I won't. Then there's mandatory blu-ray that increases the price even further. Then there's Sony's "rip-off" version of the Wii-mote. Come on? Do you really think consumers are that stupid? How often is Sixaxis utilized in games? How often is the wii-mote used in games? Needless to say, I started to turn on Sony, like many others have. High price, arrogance, inability to work off TWO successes? What the hell is wrong with them? I had an idea that would have helped Sony very well. Instead of building the PS3 with PS2 components inside for 100% guaranteed backwards compatibility (And that still wasn't the case until recently) they should have made the PS3 a PS2 add-on. Why? The people that buy the PS3, 95% of the time already have a PS2. If they don't, they have to buy the PS2, aka profit. The add-on would then support the backwards compatibility, it would be cheaper to produce and save the company money and Sony wouldn't need to charge a ridiculous price for their console, have maintained better market share, and not made a complete fool of themselves. Granted I think Sony will do alright in the next 3 years, but it will be awhile before they start to draw their loyal base back. I for one don't intend to, but I know others will. Kind of offtopic about my age and system choice, but I've been dying to say it here for awhile now. :P

I'm 34, and have a Wii, which was the obvious choice after the perfect experience with the GC. I love RPG, so there's a high chance I will get a PS3 too, especially since it's multizone and I won't have to mod it to play japanese games (I read japanese so no problem), once the price goes down and I have 3 games I want on it. There are also all the PS2 RPG I will be able to play for a small price on the PS3. As for the old consoles I had, as far as I can remember : Some old Atari, SNES, GB, PS1, GBA, GC, DS, DSL. I stopped gaming after PS1, Nintendo got me back in the game with the GC.

I am 24. System of choice is a toss up between PSP and PS2. I still have a ton of games to finish on the PS2. I own 'almost' every system since the NES. I am not sure where some of the older ones are but if I search I can probably find them.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

rendo said: Wow, long time reader, first time poster now. :D After reading some of the people's ages, I really feel like a spoiled kid now, and all this time I thought my parents didn't love me. I started playing video games when I was about 4. I'm currently 21, I live in Ontario Canada, I'm married and I have 2.5 children (Third is due in early July). I've had a NES, SNES, GB, GBA, N64, PS2, GC, WII, DS. I started on the classics with the NES, I can still remember some of the games, like SMB3, my favourite game for the NES, I must have beaten it about 10 times before I was 6. Nintendo was always in my house until the N64. After that I was growing older and I needed more mature games and the GC didn't really offer the best choices. I only picked up a GC for the family/fun games like Harvest Moon and ToS (GREAT RPG, if you don't have a GC, buy one, if you have a Wii, pick the game up IT'S EFFING GREAT) I love the Wii. I think it will do very well this generation. It has had a huge success, continues to sell out, and it is a good way for those fat kids (Myself included :( ) to get a little workout. It seems more and more 3rd party devs are being lured over to the Wii, hell MANHUNT2 is being created for the Wii now, however it's also for the PSP and PS2 which may fuel some of the cross platform generation debate. However, MANHUNT is geared towards a more adult audience and if Nintendo can get more games like that, I see a troubling future for the PS3 and 360. I was VERY PRO Sony for the longest time, since early 2001. I was all for the PS3. I thought the PSP was going to be the GOD of handhelds. However, Sony seems to have this attitude and arrogance that is unmatched in the console market. I thought the DS was a piece of crap. I thought it was just gimmicky and that the PSP with it's "raw" power would offer a better game experience. Than comes the proprietary formats, UMD. That made me sick. Then came the "media" powerhouse. It's a damn gaming machine, not a music/video player.... *shakesfist* So I come into some money and I have about $400. It's either I get a PSP for just me, or I can get 2 DS', one for myself and one for my wife. I made the best choice and I've been in love with the DS since. I buy a game about once or twice a month, just picked up Yoshi's Island, it's fun :D. Now, I'm still liking the PS3 at this time. Then I hear things from Sony like, Consumers will pay anything we price the PS3 at. Umm? Are you an idiot? No, I won't. Then there's mandatory blu-ray that increases the price even further. Then there's Sony's "rip-off" version of the Wii-mote. Come on? Do you really think consumers are that stupid? How often is Sixaxis utilized in games? How often is the wii-mote used in games? Needless to say, I started to turn on Sony, like many others have. High price, arrogance, inability to work off TWO successes? What the hell is wrong with them? I had an idea that would have helped Sony very well. Instead of building the PS3 with PS2 components inside for 100% guaranteed backwards compatibility (And that still wasn't the case until recently) they should have made the PS3 a PS2 add-on. Why? The people that buy the PS3, 95% of the time already have a PS2. If they don't, they have to buy the PS2, aka profit. The add-on would then support the backwards compatibility, it would be cheaper to produce and save the company money and Sony wouldn't need to charge a ridiculous price for their console, have maintained better market share, and not made a complete fool of themselves. Granted I think Sony will do alright in the next 3 years, but it will be awhile before they start to draw their loyal base back. I for one don't intend to, but I know others will. Kind of offtopic about my age and system choice, but I've been dying to say it here for awhile now. :P
First off. Let's list everything I've had. Atari, NES, SNES, Sega, N64, PS2, GC, X-box, Wii, PS3. (in that order) GB, GB, GB, GBA SP, DS, DS. (not lite) First. There is a PS2 in my PS3. Yes. Does the PS3 use it? no. Why not? becuase they got their emulator working. It dosent need the PS2 in there any more. so they pull that out, and save them 50$. So a PS3 has only PS3 hardware in it now. (if yours is a older model... like mine. you have an extra chip on the motherboard.) Second you dont have a PS3. Dont bash the controller on how it's used. Six Axis is used in... 4 or 5 games that I know of. Third. Sony knows better than to force you to use the six axis as steering for a game. However it IS a option. Fourth. Please explain to me how you would make the PS3 an addon to the PS2. My first statement debunks the reason for this... but I just want to know what you had in mind. *sits his PS3 on his original Day1 PS2 that still works and ties a string around the HDMI cable on the PS3 to the video cable on the PS2. YAY! I have a PS3 as a PS2 addon. And speaking of addons. Look at the Wii. you could add a box similar to the GameCube into the front of the gamecube, and have the Wii/hardware in it, and connect it though the controller ports. and the have a 'Wii' gamedisc, in the GameCube to run the software Cube side. EDIT: Fifth. Speaking of formats. The GameCube has a nice one.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!