By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will Sony respond if the Xbox 360 sees an $100 price cut this summer?

Didn't Sony mention something about not competing against Microsoft? In any case, Sony will do what they originally planned. They're working on getting new games, firmware updates and most importantly Home. I don't think Sony has the ability to detract from their current plans as of now.

Around the Network
PS360ForTheWin said:
it would boost 360 sales in the US above PS3 sales, but not Wii sales

The X360 sales in the US were above the PS3 sales already. Except the MGS4 week.

MS is able to reduce the price for the 360, Sony is not. They are still very deep in the reds. How much is a 360 right now in the US?

MS should try to reduce the price as soon as the costs for the production decrease. So they are still profitable and could make some pressure on sony.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

The xbox360 will not outsell the ps3 WW any week from now on.

No amount of pricecuts can change this fact

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

^^^ Well, if the 360 cost $10 it would probably be VERY popular. Heck, at that price I would buy one for each room in the house, including the bathrooms.

Priecut is a good thing. =)

But i don`t see PS3 priecut coming till this Autumn. =]
Since in August will be available new model with better techprocess, both x360 and ps3 will have 65nm chips.
Of`course priceut could be this summer, but from money making point both Sony and M$ should do it in Autumn.

Not sure, will ps3 do a 50$/euro pricecut or 100.
But i believe, PS3 will cost by 50$/euro more then x360.

Now,
Europe:
x360 - 299 euro, ps3 still 399 euro.
USA:
x360 - 349$ and ps3 399$.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Yea, it looks like this thread is about done. lol

Break out some major firmware updates....

4 ≈ One

Price cut would be great for gaming, at that price even the Sony FanBoys would probably get one, (but never admit it). Seriously though $100 is too much. At the 3+ billion MS lost they have only made 600 million profit last 3 quarters. However, profit is profit so I dont see a price cut until fall, and even then probably $50.00 U.S. and another $29.00 NA, if any. At the current profit rate, with current prices, MS will make about 1 billion profit back per 4 quarters. To large of a price cut will slow the recoup of losses. But if anyone can afford to cut into established profit it's MS, not Sony.

crumas2 said:
^^^ Well, if the 360 cost $10 it would probably be VERY popular. Heck, at that price I would buy one for each room in the house, including the bathrooms.

lol. total pwnage here.

OT: cry and drop the PS3 by $100. Yes it would hurt them, but they can afford to do it if they have to. Remember, Sony is a huge corporation as well and they do have deep pockets. Not as deep as M$, but deep nonetheless. What I think would be far more interesting is if Sony dropped the PS3 by $100 before M$ drops the price. Now THAT would be really interesting....

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

with a pricedrop?