By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Everyone wins this generation except Sony! Y cant people get it??

Their original goal failed, which was probably to be #1 in the market.

However, corporations re-look at their goals. Compared to a year ago, when people were saying the PS3 is the next Dreamcast, they have made up quite a bit of ground.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

straw clutching!

this generation isnt even over yet, again the "it will always remain like this, syndrome" is everywhere these days. once generation is over then everyone can see who won and who lost.

welcome to the club btw:)

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

jenny said:

Hi, Im new here but ive been reading these threads for a while. NIntendo and Microsoft  has stolen market share away from Sony's unbelieveable dominance from the last 2 generations in the last 2 years! Is the PS 3 really selling more than the XBox 360 an accomplishment? NO WAY! It was supposed to no matter what even at much higher prices! You get a PS3 along with a free Blue ray Player! Just for the fact that its not destroying the Xbox 360 is a theoretical failure and success for Microsoft.

Lets assume that in the next geneations of PC's, apple gets a 40% market share to Microsofts 60%, should Microsoft be bragging that its still larger or does the success belong to Apple and a failure belong to Microsoft. I would say that Microsoft failed cause it was supposed to have a near monopoly in it.

The PS3 outselling the Xbox 360 is no accomplishment by any means. It was always "supposed to", any thing less than steller sales way above is the Xbox 360 is a failure to Sony and success for everyone elese.

My opionion

Honestly that sounds like a cop-out from an x-box 360 fan. If you can't win, then you can "theoretically" win.

Give me a break!

Going by what you say, I could also say that DS is a failure then??? An MS is doing a little better but will endup in last which is worse that the 2nd place they held last Gen, Am i not correct??? I can also say that the PSP is a major success, and the PS2 is pretty much a freaking legend??? From what I understand the major failure brand would be MS then, because they will do better than the first XBOX, but still come in last which is worst than the 2nd place they had last year.

4 ≈ One

Im tired of arguing, its late...

Ok the PS3 has everyone Pwned. They just don't know it yet. They can try to deny it, but thats just the first stage. First denial then anger... its all coming out now.

When everyone reaches the "acceptance" stage, everyone will be happier.

You can't argue with this, because you're just in "denial"

Tease.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
PooperScooper said:
MontanaHatchet said:
|_emmiwinks said:
Er, we are only really 2 years into this gen, but like Montana said, until the Wii outsells the SNES or NES and the DS outsells the GBA Nintendo has lost, and until the 360 outsells the XBOX Microsoft has lost.

So really everyone has lost, we are doomed and the end of the world will see us only playing N-Gages.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also consider that Nintendo has far smaller dominance over the handheld market than last generation...

Youre right... does that mean Sony is the biggest winner in handhelds because they had 0 sales last gen?

That would seem to be the case. I mean, Nintendo didn't have 100% dominance last generation (the Wonderswan put up a good fight!) but now, their dominance is even smaller. And look at Sony just waltz on in!

It all comes full circle!! Nintendo is actually loosing this generation!!! Confirmed!!

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Dgc1808 said:
Going by what you say, I could also say that DS is a failure then??? An MS is doing a little better but will endup in last which is worse that the 2nd place they held last Gen, Am i not correct??? I can also say that the PSP is a major success, and the PS2 is pretty much a freaking legend??? From what I understand the major failure brand would be MS then, because they will do better than the first XBOX, but still come in last which is worst than the 2nd place they had last year.

I believe what the OP is saying is that you have to judge performance vs expectations. Sony expected their console to do far better than it's doing (as they should, having a very powerful brand name in gaming). Microsoft probably expected the 360 to do as good as it's doing (save for the hardware issues). Nintendo expected the Wii to do worse than it's doing.

OP's view is reasonable, and a valid way of looking at the situation (even if it isn't the only valid way).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

So by using the OP rationale, can I say that Nintendo has lost because they have lost handheld marketshare to the PSP?

@FilaBrasileiro: No, you're not understanding the OP's point. It's not just about losing or winning market share.

And yes, the PSP was a victory for Sony (albeit not a very big one), but that doesn't mean the DS lost. It's not a zero sum game!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

leo-j said:
Dude this gen isnt over yet..

And even with that said the PS3 is still overpriced and until it gets to a similar wii price range it wont dominate anything.

So you admit the PS3 isn't worth its money?