By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Everyone wins this generation except Sony! Y cant people get it??

Also, technically no one has won because the 360 still hasn't overtaken the userbase of the Xbox and the DS is still behind the Gameboy Advance...

Around the Network

Can't wait to see what Leo has to say about this...

I won't comment, because you pretty much said it all in your OP. Welcome

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Welcome to VGChartz!
Yes, that is one way of looking at it success/failure. But, that is not the only way to look at success and failure.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

Er, we are only really 2 years into this gen, but like Montana said, until the Wii outsells the SNES or NES and the DS outsells the GBA Nintendo has lost, and until the 360 outsells the XBOX Microsoft has lost.

So really everyone has lost, we are doomed and the end of the world will see us only playing N-Gages.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

thekitchensink said:
Can't wait to see what Leo has to say about this...

I won't comment, because you pretty much said it all in your OP. Welcome

You know people have been being warned for similiar comments.

Anyways anyone who thinks like this is narrowminded. Sure companies want marketshare... but why? Because more people means more money. But trust me business really don't care if someone's install base is higher. They don't say "whoops nintendo is beating us... let's just drop out because its useless" But they will have meetings and say "How can we increase our earnings"

And you can't judge success by previous events. You are just setting yourself up for failure.

It's like me judging Imagine by John Lennon to Love Me Do by the beetles.

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:
Er, we are only really 2 years into this gen, but like Montana said, until the Wii outsells the SNES or NES and the DS outsells the GBA Nintendo has lost, and until the 360 outsells the XBOX Microsoft has lost.

So really everyone has lost, we are doomed and the end of the world will see us only playing N-Gages.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also consider that Nintendo has far smaller dominance over the handheld market than last generation...

Well, technically that will be the case as the Playstation brand will lose market share this round of home consoles, however, this has been known and repeated so many times over the past year and a half, that it's like a sick parody making a post to declare only that.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

MontanaHatchet said:
|_emmiwinks said:

Also consider that Nintendo has far smaller dominance over the handheld market than last generation...

Youre right... does that mean Sony is the biggest winner in this gen because they had 0 sales last gen?

PooperScooper said:
MontanaHatchet said:
|_emmiwinks said:

Youre right... does that mean Sony is the biggest winner in handhelds because they had 0 sales last gen?

That would seem to be the case. I mean, Nintendo didn't have 100% dominance last generation (the Wonderswan put up a good fight!) but now, their dominance is even smaller. And look at Sony just waltz on in!

Yeah, in this generation Sony acted like they didn't really understand why they won with the PS1 and PS2. Ironically, their homeland Japan is the one they catered the least to.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957