By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Everyone wins this generation except Sony! Y cant people get it??

I call flamebait from a fanboy troll who's pretending to be a girl to lower his chances of getting an instant permaban.

Around the Network

Hard to argue with a lot of those points haha.

But my only counter arguement is that a success, or win, in a generation depends on who makes the most money or turns a profits. Fortunately for this argument that seems to be Nintendo and soon to be MS as well.

Leetgeek said:
I call flamebait from a fanboy troll who's pretending to be a girl to lower his chances of getting an instant permaban.

lol

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Zucas said:
Hard to argue with a lot of those points haha.

But my only counter arguement is that a success, or win, in a generation depends on who makes the most money or turns a profits. Fortunately for this argument that seems to be Nintendo and soon to be MS as well.

Sony won the format war with the Ps3... that would be classified as a win for them.

Truly it all just comes down to the business.

That was a great analogy...

You are correct... Sony has gone from extreme domination to fighting to be a distant second. Not something most people would think was a good thing.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
leo-j said:
Dude this gen isnt over yet..

And even with that said the PS3 is still overpriced and until it gets to a similar wii price range it wont dominate anything.

So you admit the PS3 isn't worth its money?

Yea I do, as long as it doesnt have firmware 2.40, or more games it to me is an overpriced machine. Same thing in the consumers eyes, they dont buy it because its over priced for a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, since thats what it should be.

mM
leo-j said:
Chrizum said:
leo-j said:
Dude this gen isnt over yet..

And even with that said the PS3 is still overpriced and until it gets to a similar wii price range it wont dominate anything.

So you admit the PS3 isn't worth its money?

Yea I do, as long as it doesnt have firmware 2.40, or more games it to me is an overpriced machine. Same thing in the consumers eyes, they dont buy it because its over priced for a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, since thats what it should be.

Until it costs $1 it will be overpriced to many people in the world...

Tease.

Any one think MS and SONY had no way of predicting Nintendo's Dominance currently this Gen??? I don't even think Nintendo could have guessed this happenning....

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Any one think MS and SONY had no way of predicting Nintendo's Dominance currently this Gen??? I don't even think Nintendo could have guessed this happenning....

I don't know about that... those two guys on the Wii commercials seemed pretty confident to me...

Just goes to show that a disruptive business model can completely reverse a company's fortunes.

Sony will make more on Blu-Ray licensing fees than they will with videogames. How has M$ won? They still haven't recouped their R&D fees from the original Xbox. Just like last gen Ninty sold the least but made the most money, the PS3 might sell the least, but with Blu-Ray licensing and cost reduction (Sony is great at this), they will make TONS of money. Cheers.