By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can TOS 2 compete with MGS4 in Japan in terms of sales?

120k? Really? But Soriku says preorders sell about 150,000 in last two weeks. Or Soriku just believe that.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
jake_the_fake1 said:
isn't ToS2 simply using the same assets and graphics engine as the gamecube version of ToS1 or have they reworked everything from the ground up?

Ask soriku he should know, but the Japanese don't care about graphics as much as the west. They care more about the story.

yushire said:
120k? Really? But Soriku says preorders sell about 150,000 in last two weeks. Or Soriku just believe that.

two words "Retail Preorder"

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

OK then, thanks kingofwale shouldnt make high expectation on this game then...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:

i don't mind high expectation, as long as it's REASONABLE.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
Soriku said:
kingofwale said:
yushire said:
YOU AGAIN... I said compete not surpass, of course we cant expect this game to be 400,000 in one week but atleast this game can compete in terms of chart sales in Japan.

I wouldn't consider 120K that ToS2 will likely pull in with close to 500K.

now, WOULD YOU?

and yes, I'm being EXTREMELY generous here.

Uh...retailer preorders are 200k.

@jake

They're using the same engine as the GC but powered it all up for the Wii which is why you see a significant graphical enhancement. Anyway, it's being made by most Team Symhponia members (along with new members) so you know it's gonna be good. The people overlooking the game are Team Symhponia members.

OT: lol no. Unless MGS4 drops significantly this week in Japan I doubt it. I see DotNW beating out ToS GC sales in Japan (320k according to VGC). With legs it might reach 400k. Maybe even 500k if lucky. If MGS4 somehow drops in sales sharply then we can say ToS came CLOSE to reaching MGS4's numbers but I doubt that'll happen.

Interesting, link me up.

If retail preorders are 200k that doesn't necessitate that people will buy all of those the first week Soriku. Although I think you're wrong and those were customer preorders if they were given by Source, since that's what the MGS4 ones turned out to be.

So expect TOS 2 to sale 75,000-100,000 this week if theyre lucky then. Yes this is the probable sale of TOS 2 if succesful.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

kingofwale said:
yushire said:

i don't mind high expectation, as long as it's REASONABLE.

Well Tales of Symphonia is a million seller with a niche console in its time with more small userbase so I expect more on a system with larger userbase. So yeah...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Could somebody actually tell me the customer pre-orders? LOl there are 3 different people saying 3 different things. I would believe soriku though since he always looks for news on the game.