By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can TOS 2 compete with MGS4 in Japan in terms of sales?

Dawn of the New World isn't going to sell as well as MGS4.

Around the Network

Sorry but yushire I believe you are being a little conservative. Didn't the gamecube version sell 180k first week with a smaller userbase? I could very well see the wii outselling the GC game.

Still thinking if TOS 2 will sell as 180,000-200,000 in its first week though, but its unlikely. One more post before I leave this thread...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I don't think it will compete, but it will sell more than the original TOS

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

It will sell more than the first TOS, but its brand power appeal doesn't match that of MGS, so it would be nearly impossible.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Around the Network

No, but there are over 200.000 pre orders in Japan, so you shouldn't worry about the sales. This game will be a million seller, period.
Why you want to compare it with MGS4 is beyond me. Of course MGS will sell more, but ToS2 is probably 20x cheaper to make, so it will make Namco a lot more money than Konami earned with MGS4.

Soriku said:
@sc

Uh...DotNW isn't cel-shaded. I wish it were, though.

Really? It looks like it. They should have made it Cel shaded.

BengaBenga said:
 Of course MGS will sell more, but ToS2 is probably 20x cheaper to make, so it will make Namco a lot more money than Konami earned with MGS4.

I really doubt that. Not to mention that MGSIV has in-game ads and whatever deal Konami had with Sony.

The game will sell a bit better than ToS in Japan, but I doubt it will reach TotA sales numbers there. On a worldwide scale it will approximately sell the same as ToS, a bit more from 100k up to 300k more I think.

ToS2 will sell a million Ww. Obviously!

The game has a sweet fanbase that came over from the Gamecube.

ToS2 will likely sell ~180k first week in Japan. And multiply that number by 1.8-2.0 and you have it's total sales in Japan.

Don't know what America and Europe will do exactly but it'll sell that 1.000.000 copies!

THE NETHERLANDS

The question is really; can ToS 2 come close to 750K in Japan LTD?

Dragon Quest Swords sold more than 500K, so 500K should be possible (and fairly easy).

I'd say that lifetime, it has a shot.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS