By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which Is Better For The PS3, Standing Upright Or Laying Down?

super_etecoon said:
ssj12 said:
I have it vertical, it allows the hot air to be blown away faster.

I wonder if that works with fanboys, too?

Give it a try and tell us .

Around the Network

I got mine Vertical, plus i got the Sony LED stand so that always keeps it steady.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Million said:
super_etecoon said:
ssj12 said:
I have it vertical, it allows the hot air to be blown away faster.

I wonder if that works with fanboys, too?

Give it a try and tell us .

Now thats what I call pwned lol

mM

How do the games freeze?

With mine I have it Horizontal and I thought that the games froze on occasion but it turns out that my HD TV will randomly not recognize the HDMI input from the PS3 when it switches from game/movie to the menu. All I have to do is switch to another input and then back to HDMI and I have no problems. You might want to try that next time it locks up.

rasone77 said:
How do the games freeze?

With mine I have it Horizontal and I thought that the games froze on occasion but it turns out that my HD TV will randomly not recognize the HDMI input from the PS3 when it switches from game/movie to the menu. All I have to do is switch to another input and then back to HDMI and I have no problems. You might want to try that next time it locks up.

Well I just recently bought a HDTV and the TV I had before was a crappy SDTV 19" and it did it on both times, I'm not saying it does this all the time but if I played it everyday 5 times a week it might happen once, but once is enough

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58

Around the Network

It doesn't make much difference, but when it is horizontal it stays coolers

I think i read somewhere that it's more safe to keep it in a horizontal position as opposed to the vertical.It has to do with the air-flow.

i think its better laying down

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

laying down, I remember there was a problem with the PS2 and standing up, it scratched disks and a few other things, either way I believe the reader is like any other CD reader so it's reading it from the bottom up - in that case it's better to just leave it laying down. Plus it loks like some gigantic battle star ship standing.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Am I the only one to find this topic as an example of somehow a nerd-type of erotics?

"I have mine horizontal, but like it both ways actually."

lol