By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which Is Better For The PS3, Standing Upright Or Laying Down?

I'm having a little bit of a problem with this.

I've tried laying it flat down and it usually makes the games freeze every now and then, so then I tried standing it upright and it stopped freezing but now it makes this weird noise from the disk spinning, sounds like buzzing/scratching nothing actually happens but I don't think it's suppose to do that??

Has anyone had any of these problems and is it better to have it upright or laying down or does it actually matter?

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58

Around the Network

I never stand any console up. That's just me, though. I don't know which position is better or worse. I read someplace on these forums that vertical is the better position, but I wouldn't take that as fact. Hope somebody gives you the right answer.

Mine runs the same either way

I heard vertical is best , dought there's a whole lot of differrence unless something is up with your PS3.

I have mine horizontal, but that is only because I don't want to knock it over.

Around the Network

mines runs the same either way but i have it standing up against my entertainment center just looks waay better like that for me

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I have it vertical, it allows the hot air to be blown away faster.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Mine died on its feet if that helps?

Tease.

I've got my PS3 horizontal... But that's just because i've got some cats and don't want it to be knocked over... Works fine! I believe it doesn't (and it shouldn't) matter when it comes to this kind of expensive stuff...

THE NETHERLANDS

ssj12 said:
I have it vertical, it allows the hot air to be blown away faster.

Wrong. PS3 is cooler when horizontal.