By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo should expand outside of video games?

Yoshi merry go-round

Around the Network

They should sell playing cards, open a few theme parks, make a 3D animated mario movie (pixar could do it)... maybe make toys? I don't know. I'd rather they use their money to buy/make new stuidoes and completly take over the gaming insustry personally...

No, what makes Nintendo.. Nintendo is that this is their main business. They don't have a back bone to support themselves.

I'm with Warren Buffet on this one.

What some of the "joke" posts are hinting at is that Nintendo used to be in other businesses, like hotels and playing cards. And they still sell Pokemon playing cards and numerous plushy dolls and other toys. They just got out of the hotel business because in Japan some hotels are rent by the hour and is pretty much a place for people to go and make out, whether it is a married couple wanting time away from the kids or just two strangers who met earlier in a bar and that doesn't portray them in the most positive light to westerners who they are trying to sell a video game console to.

Around the Network

Nintendo announced last year that it'd be getting into some movie production. So they are probably already working on something.

Although IMO they should stick to what they do best.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

no i think they should only concentrate on video games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Poke parks in América

^ that would be great, I would visit there if they opened one here

There's no practical reason for the company to expand. If anything, the attempts at expansion by other companies should be more than enough to convince them that it's a bad move. As companies get bigger, they become more averse to taking truly progressive risks, and become more and more likely to settle for incrementally upgrading. And doing that would just set them up to become the victims of their own recent business tactics at some point down the line.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.