By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Nintendo should expand outside of video games?

Don't they sell plush toys & pokemon cards already?

Around the Network

No. What is with theme parks? Would you really go to see some weird guy in mario suit or something? Well, maybe if you are like 7.

Kurakasa said:
No. What is with theme parks? Would you really go to see some weird guy in mario suit or something? Well, maybe if you are like 7.

Lol, my thoughts exactly. I'm a pretty big Nintendo fan but whats up with everyone 'wanting to see the characters'? You people do realize you're not going to be meeting the actual characters, your going to see people dressed like this: http://blog.makezine.com/276303571_7fc3e3115b_b.jpg

I always thought it would be cool for companies to vastly branch out, just for amusment's sake. I don't mean like Nintendo making cell phones branching out... I mean REALLY branching out.

Coca Cola should make jet engines. Ford should sell lunch meat. American Steel should sell an operating system. Hasbro should sell explosives. That would be a fun world :D

Ok. Mario characters are for the little kids section. BUT, if you are dying to see a fake Mario at a theme park, keep dreaming and knock yourself out.

MK License

SSBB-2878-9454-7353. Main-Kirby        PM me if you want to be added.

May be they should buy the Xbox brand if Microsft ever sells. That way Nintendo could have their own Nintendo brand appealing to Nintendo fans and kids and old people, and the Xbox brand could appeal to teenagers and young adults. They could completely corner the market without ruining their image! Gap did it with clothes, why not Nintendo?

Around the Network

They should work on a passable online service. ZING!!

But nah, look at what happened to Square when they tried to make a movie. Final Fantasy: Spirits Within was a huge failure for them. I don't want to see Nintendo in that kind of situation. Like Reggie said ".........they're about making games". That's why I love them.

..........but seriously, they're online sucks.

I smell epic failure. "stick to what you're good at" sometimes works best!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

After the success of Wii Fit, they should branch out into actual fitness equipment

However it will fail because their equipment will be fun to use, and they will be accused of destroying the fitness industry

Haven't nintendo diversified sligthly with action figures , collecable pokemon cards etc ? . Video games is what Nintendo do best ,the risk of diversifying into newer markets where they have little no experience of may not be worth it.

What would you sugest Nintendo "expand" into ?

no it would be too risky. Nintendo only has experience in video gaming market.