By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - XboxOZ360 MGS4 Review:The closest thing to perfect since The LOZ:OOT

they gave the game 9.9(and yea they are 360 only website,,,but they say they are gamers  first and hence they reviewd MGS4 for PS3)

"Graphically this game is one of the most beautiful games ever, only coming into close rivals with Crysis, but while Crysis beats Metal Gear Solid 4 in Game play graphics, it blows Crysis out of the water in Cut scenes. Cut scenes are done in engine so the transition between both is smooth and doesn’t take you out of the action. The textures on Snakes Octocamo suit look amazing. As do the floor and wall textures. Generally everything about graphics is there, such as depth of field. You may find the occasional low resolution texture here and there, but generally it is a fine game, with the Frame Rate dropping barley ever, and not to any unwatchable degree. Lip-synching is fantastic and general character design and graphics have never appeared this real life looking."

"Finally, Metal Gear Solid 4 is a game you will cherish for the rest of your lives. It’s the end of a era, the era of Solid Snake and his journey. The game will reach a conclusion that will leave you feeling whole and humble. You will relive the game in your head for days after its been beaten."

"In my opinion, this has been the best game out since Zelda Ocarina of Time, it’s truly revolutionary, and its cinematic game play and storyline carry this game to the number one position on the podium. It does have a few minor setbacks, but they are so minor most players won’t even noticed them, or if they do, they will be forgotten a second later. The game has many things to unlock after you initially beat the game, so it will keep you playing for many, many hours. And I can only hope that Konami’s next game featured in the Metal Gear universe revolutionizes the series even further."

http://xboxoz360.wordpress.com/2008/06/21/metal-gear-solid-4-review-closest-thing-to-perfect-since-ocarina-of-time/

Around the Network

Must...resist..urge..to...post..

i failed

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

@ neos

I know your respond already so you don't have to say it ;)

What in the?

I wonder what there XBOX fans think of this lol

Also, I agree with the last paragraph, MGS4 is near perfect, easily the best game I have ever played.

mM

Hopefully they will make the next one on the XBox 360 so it can be revolutionized on a different platform. Actually I would rather them wait for the NEXT XBox system and make it an exclusive launch title for that console. That would rule.
Anyway, I'll pick up MGS4 eventually. I'm still finishig Uncharted right now. Very cool game. Incredible graphics and sound. Naughty Dog can do no wrong, except for that Way of the Warrior game. Hehehe!!

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

well MGS4 is a great game that should be played by every gamer

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

This is the best MGS4 review; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_T_QxRk2Y

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Wish some day we see the same from a SONY only site. To praise an XBOX360 exclusive. I dont think so...

nice review...

never will be on the 360

I have to recognize their impartiality,they have the courage to accept that MGS4 is just a wonderful masterpiece,kudos for them and their objectivity.

A good game is good regardless the system for witch is released.