By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - XboxOZ360 MGS4 Review:The closest thing to perfect since The LOZ:OOT

eliasg said:
Wish some day we see the same from a SONY only site. To praise an XBOX360 exclusive. I dont think so...

nice review...

why would a playstation site review an xbox game? does that make the slightest bit of sense to you? i guess it goes to show how good a game mgs4 is though.

but seriously, you are using this as a reason to take a sly stab at ps sites? clutching a straws my friend.

Around the Network
sieanr said:
This is the best MGS4 review; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_T_QxRk2Y

I've only started watching it, but you only need to play MGS1 through 3 to understand what's going on here. I know he says it, but then he goes on to talk about how you need to play Metal Gear 1 and 2. However, the plot of Metal Gear 2 is talked about in the first Metal Gear Solid so despite never playing the game, I was able to understand what was going on in the story.

*edit* I'm on where he's talking about the inventory. It's funny considering many games do it. Hammer space!!! lol, is he expecting his criticisms to be like a simulator? He's criticizing MGS3 because you can change your camo at any time? Whatever, it's his opinion and it's an interesting take on the games.

Mainly, this guy's review is questioning every part of the plot and gameplay mechanincs of the games.

ElderScrollsFan said:
never will be on the 360

MGS4 will never be on the 360. That's obvious, but a brand NEW MGS game could definitely come to the XBox 360 if Konami wanted to start making some real money. There are new media disc coming out that will hold 100GB of memory. I won't be surprised if M$ add this to the next XBox.  Since the PS3 is slated to last 10yrs, who know when Sony will start working on a new system. Not anytime soon. The PS3 is just getting started.

'gaming till I'm gone'

MGS4 is one of the definitive games of this generation.Too bad alot people wont play it.

Surprising that this comes from a X360 site.

Around the Network
sieanr said:

Its not the best review at all, and is complete bull$hit I have friends with ps3's that have never played MGS in there lives, and think its the best game they have ever played.

The story isnt complicated at all, even if you never played mgs2 or 1 or 3.

edit: He even compares it to splinter cell.

Dude dont show that trash. Its so pathetic he acts as if the story makes you throw up, I only played MGS2 once as well as the other 2 games, and didnt even know that much. I AM 15 and i perfectly understand the story, he is what? 30? Its so funny how he attacks its gameplay, saying " so funny how you can carry so many things what a flaw" seriously stupid review.

mM
leo-j said:
sieanr said:

Its not the best review at all, and is complete bull$hit I have friends with ps3's that have never played MGS in there lives, and think its the best game they have ever played.

The story isnt complicated at all, even if you never played mgs2 or 1 or 3.

It's only complicated to dumb people or to people with A.D.D; In other words most hardcore FPS fans.

DOATS1 said:
eliasg said:
Wish some day we see the same from a SONY only site. To praise an XBOX360 exclusive. I dont think so...

nice review...

why would a playstation site review an xbox game? does that make the slightest bit of sense to you? i guess it goes to show how good a game mgs4 is though.

but seriously, you are using this as a reason to take a sly stab at ps sites? clutching a straws my friend.

Halo?? Gears?? Mass Effect??

SPARTAN!!!!!

I thought we were done with having a new thread for EVERY SINGLE review that came out for this game?

Put this review in any one of your 50 million other MGS4 review threads.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@ eliasg )

even on ps only sites you will see those games mentioned as positive examples for their genres, but they didn't review it - do you really try to put down ps sites, because _one_ 360 only site showed they are real gamers?

seriously you are wasting all the good intent of that site with your attitude here