By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit Manual

Me said:
so would you rather they experiment on the Wii version where it's already up in the air if third party games can sell or would you prefer they stick to a tried and tested version to hopefully give the wii the third party game it deserves and just maybe encourage more FPS.

If you want to play a different FPS try Half Life 2 part 2 - it's a great game and the hunters should give you that different style you need. I for one welcome this effort to the Wii and hope it succeeds as so far the Wii has only had the following FPS/games with fps aspects:

Red Steel
MP3
Vanguard
Heroes 2
Far Cry

Fixed. I hate when people clasify MP3 as an fps. It's more of an adventure game with some aspects of fps games. .

Around the Network

fair enough - the puzzles in MP3 were the best part, but you've just made my point even stronger as that list is now ever weaker and proves more how much I want the Conduit to succeed.

Me said:
fair enough - the puzzles in MP3 were the best part, but you've just made my point even stronger as that list is now ever weaker and proves more how much I want the Conduit to succeed.

Yeah they target different audiences. Metroid is more about doing objectives and exploring, with some puzzles, while most fpses are about action and going from point a to point b. Metroid is far less linear, but more linear than most adventure games. I would rate it as a hybrid of the two, but leaning more to an adventure game.

ameratsu said:
Me said:
ameratsu said:
Why can't any alien FPSs have aliens that aren't spitting images of humans? Seriously, gears of war, halo, resistance, and now this all have "aliens" with 2 legs, 2 arms and a head who wield "guns". It'd be nice for the aliens to be a completely different side with no guns and with abilities and characteristics that make them unique.

cos most people like to get involved in gun fights with people that shoot back, you need arms for that. It's hardly a deal breaker is it?

It just seems like the same shit time and time again. I wish someone would break the mould.

If you've looked over any of the released pictures, you'd see quite a few non-humanoid aliens in The Conduit. The trailer showed several small "hidden" creatures, some flying insectoid creature, and at the end, a very large alien beastie crawling through a hole in a building. On top of which, I highly doubt they'd just so easily release images of the truly large and nasty creatures they may have in store for us, or any of the bosses. The entire Metroid Prime series features a vast wealth of non-humanoid aliens and creatures like Flaaghra, Thardus, Metroid Prime, the Ing, and several other beasties. The mold was broken, but not enough people bought into it. I would also like to see more use of non-humanoid aliens and creatures in these games as well, so I'm glad The Conduit is showing some of this stuff early on. Even if some of their aliens do look a little too much like some Space Pirates...

Me said:
so would you rather they experiment on the Wii version where it's already up in the air if third party games can sell or would you prefer they stick to a tried and tested version to hopefully give the wii the third party game it deserves and just maybe encourage more FPS.

If you want to play a different FPS try Half Life 2 part 2 - it's a great game and the hunters should give you that different style you need. I for one welcome this effort to the Wii and hope it succeeds as so far the Wii has only had the following FPS:

Red Steel
MP3
Vanguard
Heroes 2
Far Cry

Call of Duty 3
History Channel: Battle for the Pacific
Spy Games: Elevator Missions (Don't feel sad for missing this, it's from UFO Interactive who are on the same piss-poor level as Conspiracy Entertainment--shovelware, shovelware, and more shovelware.)

At least Call of Duty 5, Red Steel 2, and the Brothers in Arms games are coming up.

Around the Network

Call of Duty 5... why on Earth are they going back to WWII?

On topic: when do you think we'll get some hands on impressions? IGN seems to be pretty quick with the updates and information, so hopefully they'll get a chance at it soon.

wow, looks really interesting.

Hmmm the aliens are called "The Drudge" huh? I wonder if they get their news from www.drudgereport.com

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

It's gonna be one hell of a game. I'm hyped now.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Sick!