By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Samba de Amigo Wii could be potential GOTY of 2008 says IGN

Seems that Sega is going to put some maracas attachment with the game:
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=808567&WT.mc_id=101471&batuid=1000&affiliate=buyat&lpgrp=network&WT.mc_id=101450#anchorScreenshots

Looks nice... but i hope that the "maraca hat" don't mess the Wiimote signal

Around the Network

Raise your hand if you actually bought this game for the Dreamcast with the maraca controllers back in the day. I've got my hand up. Dreamcast is still one of my favorite systems of all time.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

alfredofroylan2 said:
Seems that Sega is going to put some maracas attachment with the game:
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=808567&WT.mc_id=101471&batuid=1000&affiliate=buyat&lpgrp=network&WT.mc_id=101450#anchorScreenshots

Looks nice... but i hope that the "maraca hat" don't mess the Wiimote signal

Just glue some smarties on the wiimote, same effect.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Wow, that's a pretty glowing preview, lol. We'll see the preview before deciding on purchases though.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

dougsdad0629 said:
Raise your hand if you actually bought this game for the Dreamcast with the maraca controllers back in the day. I've got my hand up. Dreamcast is still one of my favorite systems of all time.

I wish

At that time, I wasn't really aware of every release dates and I missed it. There were 500 only copies shipped here in France and they were all sold when I realised the game was already out (actually one was still unsold, but the controllers were broken or something like that).

I really hate having missed this game and I'm extremely hyped about finally being able to play some Samba de Amigo on the Wii. It's great that they seemed to have nailed the controls for this new Wii version.

I could probably manage to find a original Dreamcast one on the net now (import or original PAL). It will probably be expensive and there's the risk the Maracas controllers could be broken. Still, I might do it (I would need to get back my Dreamcast from my parents' first).

Around the Network

This Wii release will probably kill the e-bay value of the DC version unless someone actually wants the real maracas. For several years, the DC version with maracas was VERY expensive on e-bay. I always cringe to think of how many games I once owned and then got rid of for a small amount of money only to have them be worth a ton of money several years later. There was Secret of Mana for the SNES. There was Panzer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun for the Saturn. There was this game for the DC. There was Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 for the PS2. That's only the ones I can think of off the top of my head. All of that money slipped through my fingers. :(

I never owned this game, but it was a favorite whenever I went to a friends' house. This and Space Channel 5...

say...

what ever happened to those rumors about SC5 coming to Wii? That was a loooong time ago now.

Edit: Ah.  They were just rumors after all

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

GOTY? Huh? I'll check it out but I'd say that might be a slight overreaction.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

alpha_dk said:

I never owned this game, but it was a favorite whenever I went to a friends' house. This and Space Channel 5...

say...

what ever happened to those rumors about SC5 coming to Wii? That was a loooong time ago now.

Edit: Ah. They were just rumors after all

I didn't know about those rumors, but that would be awesome. Space Channel 5 is one of my favorite games too.

Up, down, up, down, chu chu chu.