By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Samba de Amigo Wii could be potential GOTY of 2008 says IGN

I see some mii-s in the pictures, is that a first time for a third party title?

Around the Network

These damn colours, these ugly characters and the feeling that this game will make your hands bleed - I really need this game!

koffieboon said:
I see some mii-s in the pictures, is that a first time for a third party title?

LOL... I didnt noticed that. Miis are everywhere! :D

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

"SEGA is including the option to play wire-free with two remotes so, if you really take umbrage, you're covered"

That is the most important sentance in this preview to me, A lot of Wii games really need this option, Boxing games, RRR and many more. I know if Nintendo announce a Punch Out without this option It may stop me buying it, I want 100% control not 95% control.

yushire said:
Daileon said:
PARTY GAME of 2008, not GOTY of 2008, very different.
they didnt say party game GOTY directly, or IGN was just exaggerating or IGN change ways and make casual games have different light on their reviews/previews.

are you selective in your reading?

this is the very last sentence.

"Frankly, and we mean this quite sincerely, if this isn't the party game of 2008, we'll eat our sombreros."

the GOTY statement was made purposefully just to put an exclamation on the writers hype over the title and not an actual claim that it will be IGNs game of the year.

Around the Network
gog85 said:
yushire said:
Daileon said:
PARTY GAME of 2008, not GOTY of 2008, very different.
they didnt say party game GOTY directly, or IGN was just exaggerating or IGN change ways and make casual games have different light on their reviews/previews.

are you selective in your reading?

this is the very last sentence.

"Frankly, and we mean this quite sincerely, if this isn't the party game of 2008, we'll eat our sombreros."

the GOTY statement was made purposefully just to put an exclamation on the writers hype over the title and not an actual claim that it will be IGNs game of the year.

AH OK sorry, why the article didnt say that sooner? Anyway, never read the whole part of it only the first part page because the article was long.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Goty? No way. :D I think I have seen this game before. :p

Yeah! The first game was great! & it seems that this Wii version is also great! Can't wait to shake into the rythm..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Mweh, not interested. Got enough party games (3) as it is for on the WII.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

tabsina said:
Faxanadu said:
Meh. Where is the hookerz and the bloods and the violenzez?

This is for kiddies, not uz maturez gamerz.

is that a quote from ubisoft?

Pretty muchz

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.