By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Samba de Amigo Wii could be potential GOTY of 2008 says IGN

gog85 said:
yushire said:
Daileon said:
PARTY GAME of 2008, not GOTY of 2008, very different.
they didnt say party game GOTY directly, or IGN was just exaggerating or IGN change ways and make casual games have different light on their reviews/previews.

are you selective in your reading?

this is the very last sentence.

"Frankly, and we mean this quite sincerely, if this isn't the party game of 2008, we'll eat our sombreros."

the GOTY statement was made purposefully just to put an exclamation on the writers hype over the title and not an actual claim that it will be IGNs game of the year.

No the statement that this could be the game of the year 2008 could quite easily  be serious. I mean if a game is incredibaly fun it doesn't mean it shouldn't be GotY just because it doesn't involve guns blood and hookers. There is no reason why this game shouldn't get GotY - as long as it actually is more entertaining than any other game released this year.

Around the Network

If It plays like Elite beat agents then It is GOTY

This is easily game of the year, its obvious any game that has innovative controls and fun(wii sports) and dancing colored mexicans= GOTY.

Though in any case I do believe MGS4 will be IGN's GOTY, since they were about to give it an 11.

mM

^ is spot on with the comment.

Still, the game already sounds like it plays solidly and they'll still got time to tighten things up. This needs to be done right, a franchise can only take so many kicks to the head before it goes down. Just look at Nights...

LG[Infinite] said:
^ is spot on with the comment.

Still, the game already sounds like it plays solidly and they'll still got time to tighten things up. This needs to be done right, a franchise can only take so many kicks to the head before it goes down. Just look at Nights...

Thats not quite true. I mean look at megaman and sonic - been crap for years and people still get hyped when a new one is announced.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
This is easily game of the year, its obvious any game that has innovative controls and fun(wii sports) and dancing colored mexicans= GOTY.

Though in any case I do believe MGS4 will be IGN's GOTY, since they were about to give it an 11.

Lol same old Leo.

The game looks like a fresh experience, we're having too many guitar games, Maracas sound cool and would emulate great.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

After Sega Bass Fishing and NiGHTS, I will wait and see.
I hope it is good. But since I can play the real thing (with the real thing),
this is not a rush purchase for me.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Game of the Year i doubt it. not with Metal Gear Solid 4 out and with Gears of war 2 coming out in November.

No space marines? No GOTY.

Can be fun but would probably not my game of the year;.