By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 vs Gears 2 *Fanboys not allowed true thoughts of the games*

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
WEWdeadeye said:

The chainsaw duel is illogical? Let's just ignore the fact that both R2 and GoW2 are both video games that involve epic wars against aliens...but the chainsaw duel is completely illogical and farfetched, and could never happen in real life!!!

Well, if you put it like that.... ABSOLUTELY!!! There could be aliens out there :P Hell they could invade earth similarly to Gears of War, and hell, one of them could be using a gun with a chainsaw attatched to it, but still, no matter how hard I try to fight him off with a chainsaw of my own, putting our blades together will still fail, and if it doesn't, theres a high chance that it's absolutely horrible for my chainsaw :)

Yea, no shit none of this could happen. That's why we play it in videogames. This is easily one of the dumbest conversations ever.

AAAAGREED!!

Around the Network

Are... you guys... seriously arguing over how realistic the fucking chainsaw battles are in Gears?

Okay, it's perfectly alright to fight aliens. It's perfectly reasonable to accept that Master Chief is a 700 lb. man with 1000 lb. armor who can jump 15 feet in the air. It's perfectly acceptable that a plumber and his lanky brother continutally save a princess from a giant um... Dragon? WTF is Bowser anyway? It's perfectly acceptable that you can be almost be shot to death in any shooting game, hide for 6 seconds, and immediately recover so you can resume battle. It's also reasonable to assume that somewhere in America, there is a city named after Raccoons that not only has a crack-elite police force but also happens to contain a super-secret genetics lab under the city that, coincidentally, happens to be run by complete fucking lunatics.

But chainsaw fights? Aw hell no, that shit is fake.

*shakes head in disbelief*

You people are making my head hurt.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

^^Nice

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
Foulcun said:

GoW 1 was far better than Resistance 1.  I don't think Resistance can close the gap enough this round to be better.  I have a PS3 and a 360 but I'll be buying GoW 2 and renting R2

Do you know what Insomniac is doing to close the gap or is that just a general statement?

It was more of a general statement.  But I do like the online aspects that Insomniac is adding to R2.  They might have an egde in the online play.  I do prefer the campaign of Gears and thats what I was mainly referring to.  I still enjoy playing games offline, unlike most people nowadays and yes I do play online a lot too, so 1 player or 2 player co-op always goes along way with me.  I loved the co-op Gears play

Xbox live and Playstation Network = Foulcun

Not playing my wii online yet...maybe you can talk me into it

Man, I cannot wait for this game, it will be massive!! (R2)

Around the Network

@Rocket, I LOVE the idea of Chainsaw duels :P Just not... by... connecting... the umm... the blades ;-;. They took something that could have been so manly and made me laugh like hell xD If you've seen that machine gun in Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4, that as you hold it, Snake starts to yell. It's that kind of funny to me :P Not intense... just comical xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Really, Resistance one wasn't that fantastic, it was alright by all means, but it is nothing major that was worlds apart from other FPS games on consoles.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Both Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2 will be AAA games and sell over 5 million copies each.

i have to go with gears of war 2. there aren't many games i enjoyed playing more than the first game and the sequel is just as good. both are easily in my top 10 all-time. i haven't play resistance so i can't say.

Gears 2. After playing on both games, its gears 2, and it will always be gears 2

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot