By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 vs Gears 2 *Fanboys not allowed true thoughts of the games*

i think resistance 2 will be better than gears 2.

an 8 player co-op and huge 60 player battles wins it for me.

obviously they are both different types f games, with resistance being more on the cod4 type model and gears being more of an action laden title.

both will be good, but fanboy reviews will pile up more on gears 2 than resistance 2. i feel gears 2 will sell more due to a temporary higher install base especially in the usa.

gears 1 was highly overated imo after completing it on casual i felt nothing in it to play through again, on release it looked unbelivable simply because it was the first true neg gen graphical title, with gears 2 that wow factor wont be there but i feel it will sell more than gears 1 never the less and is looking to be a stunning game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I haven't played Gears, but from what I understand it's one hell of a badass game.

However, from what I can tell Gears 2 looks to be Gears 1 with larger environments and more enemies on screen. In comparison, Resistance 2 is going to be levels above RFoM. 60 player squad based co-op, a separate 8 player co-op campaign, and epic boss battles in both campaigns are certainly mixing things up.

That said, Gears 2 is damn pretty.

In the end I'd have to go with Resistance 2, though I won't deny that my inability to buy Gears 2 may have impacted that decision.  :P

They will both be great games. I have not played GeoW yet, but I am getting it soon.

I would guess that Gears 2 would be better, but Resistance 2 will still be AAA and sell several million copies

LongLiveTheBeatles said:
selnor said:
LongLiveTheBeatles said:
PooperScooper said:

great find selnor, how many videos did you have to go through to find one that doesn't show anything off.

To answer that, there were three and the other two were very impressive. He picks and chooses the ones that favor his bias

Funny how you say that. I posted the most up to date and recent gaming footage of R2. I'm not into posting any older ones. I always post up to date. Sorry if you dont like that.

There are two others from the exact same time and day. They are on the same page. You obviously watched them and chose the most boring one. It all seems rather coincidental.

Be fair on me guys. I didnt watch the other 2 as I was at work and didnt have time. Considering the vid I posted was quite long(not just 10 secs of gameplay footage) it's still a good guage. It just looked ordinary. On the other hand the Gears 2 vid we all saw, had loads more enemies than the first, open mountainy, foresty area(instead of closed city) and loads more detail in the textures than the first. And latest screenshots in magazines shows incredible detail in sceneary and characters on Gears that I havent seen anywhere else yet.

GoW2 will rock balls off. Not sure about Resistance, never played it, heard it was fun with shitty multiplayer. But GoW2.....WOW.

Around the Network

I played a little Gears1, did not impressed me much... The trailer of the sequel looked awesome, I'll be looking after trying it.

I liked the first Resistance, and I had some of my best gamer times playing the campaign with a friend in coop, 3 different friends, all of them became fan. I can't wait to play the 8 player coop campaign of Resistance 2, the most appealing feature of the game to me.

Resistance 2 for me, but close to a tie.

But Gears will definitely be a better seller, better attach rate, bigger user base, and bigger user base interested in that kind of game.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Gears looks more interesting. But I can't say for multiplayer.

Skeeuk said:

i think resistance 2 will be better than gears 2.

an 8 player co-op and huge 60 player battles wins it for me.

obviously they are both different types f games, with resistance being more on the cod4 type model and gears being more of an action laden title.

both will be good, but fanboy reviews will pile up more on gears 2 than resistance 2. i feel gears 2 will sell more due to a temporary higher install base especially in the usa.

gears 1 was highly overated imo after completing it on casual i felt nothing in it to play through again, on release it looked unbelivable simply because it was the first true neg gen graphical title, with gears 2 that wow factor wont be there but i feel it will sell more than gears 1 never the less and is looking to be a stunning game

Play through the game on Hardcore. Then go Insane mode. Gears of War is great with Co-Op Campaign.

As to which one will be better, I have no idea, but please remember that Resistance IS being made by Insomniac, so you're pretty much assured it will be very good. Better than GeoW2? maybe not, but it will definitely be a worthwhile purchase.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Resistance 2 will be better than Gears 2