By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 vs Gears 2 *Fanboys not allowed true thoughts of the games*

Both sequels will be good but resistance 8 player co-op with different classes and 60 players online max!!!!!!!!

i know everybody saw the gears trailer, i cant lie it does look nice.  we know there will be over a million copies sold but what will be better

Around the Network

This is a tough call but if I had to pick gears. Gears already established itself with the first game. It is too early to judge but Resistance will have a lot to prove against gears.

Gears will be AAA, R2 will be at least AA.

Both will do great for their prospective consoles, does that answer your question?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Gears is a good game because its by EPIC not microsoft.

I didn't like resistance 1 AT ALL.

But i think resistance 2 will be better then gears 2.

ps
Microsoft doesn't have a deal with Epic 2 make Gears 3 and up exclusives! This may be like grand theft auto all over again!

As a multi console owner playing both the first time around I can say with certainty I will only buy one come this November.

Easy: Gears 2

p.s. Gears 1 has sold closer to 4-5 million by now. I see no reason why Gears 2 will not beat that by a good run.

Around the Network

Both will be AAA titles .

I think Gears 2. Gears 1 was a fresh TPS that redesigned the way games were made, with the whole cover system, while Resistance 1 was a good FPS but did not push the envelope. Gears 2 will be much more of the same ("if it aint broke, dont fix it") which is good but if Resistance 2 is more of the same, then theres a problem. Although if Resistance 2 can manage to make itself stand out from the rest of FPS', the 8 player co-op and 60 player online may be able to make it better than Gears 2, but as of now, I stick with my original prediction.

Probably gears of war 2 will sell better but i have a PlayStation 3 so i am more interested in resistance 2

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX

gears of war 2 will sell more *sigh*
There is more people who has gears 1 then resistance 1. personally, I would rather get resistance 2, cuz i only have a ps3.

PSN: OJ_juice

If anyone wants a custom sig, I'll make one for you. Just message me. I'm a pro.

Resistance 2 is Massively improving on a solid game, Gears 2 is slightly improving on a Great game