By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resistance 2 vs Gears 2 *Fanboys not allowed true thoughts of the games*

gears 2 needs massive improvements. It was a great game when it came out but the bar has been raised a shit ton. (Gears 1 multiplayer sucked)

R2 - samething but I can safely say that it is a major step in the right directing after seeing gameplay and multiplayer.

Things I'd like to see

GeoW2

Better weapon selection
Better story
Better Multiplayer

R2

Better graphics
Smarter AI

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
gears 2 needs massive improvements. It was a great game when it came out but the bar has been raised a shit ton. (Gears 1 multiplayer sucked)

R2 - samething but I can safely say that it is a major step in the right directing after seeing gameplay and multiplayer.

I agree with u that for Gears 2 to be as great as pt 1, they will have to step it up alot although Gears 2 will be praised no matter what because it is Gears 2. R2 must do a REAL big jump cuz R1 was a solid FPS- nothing major, just did everything good- but with the multiplayer, they stepped it up ALOT. Im loving the points system like COD4 (hopefully they have a leveling up system too)

I didnt play resistance 1, but i play gears 1, and i dont have much to say than nobody say before. I will buy gears 2 the first day and i think than it can sell more than 1 million the first week.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

SnakeEyez said: 

I agree with u that for Gears 2 to be as great as pt 1, they will have to step it up alot although Gears 2 will be praised no matter what because it is Gears 2. R2 must do a REAL big jump cuz R1 was a solid FPS- nothing major, just did everything good- but with the multiplayer, they stepped it up ALOT. Im loving the points system like COD4 (hopefully they have a leveling up system too)

I included things I'd like to see each game improve on.

Oh man I thought the level system in R1 was great... If they keep their unlockable system (custom characters) and throw in some "perks" kinda like CoD4 the online would be fantastic. I loved their achievements too. In R1 you could look at other peoples. They should keep that.

I'm not exactly a huge online multiplayer gamer anymore ...

One thing I found was that 64 players in a game wasn't necessarily a better thing than 8 players. When you're playing an 'arcade' shooter that is frantic like Unreal Tournament (or Return to Castle Wolfenstein) more players is (generally speaking) better whereas when you're playing a heavily strategic shooter like America's Army a smaller match is typically more fun.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

I'm not exactly a huge online multiplayer gamer anymore ...

One thing I found was that 64 players in a game wasn't necessarily a better thing than 8 players. When you're playing an 'arcade' shooter that is frantic like Unreal Tournament (or Return to Castle Wolfenstein) more players is (generally speaking) better whereas when you're playing a heavily strategic shooter like America's Army a smaller match is typically more fun.

Counter strike. I liked at max 10 on 10's, anything more than that sucked unless you were playing a zombie server. But 4 on 4 was lame in GeoW. It was so bad. I was bored with it so fast.

Maps were to small but that was due to the 4 on 4 too. I have major complaints with GeoW multiplayer.

R2 is better because of being a PS3 game. PS3 games have better graphics.

I like Gears more, but I believe Resistance 2 will be pushing the genre (shooter) further. It's 5 months until their release and Gears 2 hasn't shown me anything that makes me feel like it's a true step up from the original, but Gears 1 was better than R1, so I'm not complaining.

PooperScooper said:

Things I'd like to see

GeoW2

Better weapon selection
Better story
Better Multiplayer

R2

Better graphics
Smarter AI

Gears multiplayer is one of the best i've ever played.

You see my gamertag with gears below? I only play multiplayer now, it's different to alot of FPS because alot of skill is needed and alot of good teamwork.

I'm not sure if im more excited for the full game or the multiplayer in gears 2!

ToastyJaguar said:
PooperScooper said:

Things I'd like to see

GeoW2

Better weapon selection
Better story
Better Multiplayer

R2

Better graphics
Smarter AI

Gears multiplayer is one of the best i've ever played.

You see my gamertag with gears below? I only play multiplayer now, it's different to alot of FPS because alot of skill is needed and alot of good teamwork.

I'm not sure if im more excited for the full game or the multiplayer in gears 2!

GLITCH GLITCH GLITCH GLITCH GLITCH!!!!!

Whats that? someone just ran full speed at me and I exploded?

Whats that someone is running in a zigzag and I cant hit him?

Whats that someone glitched outta the map and I cant get to him?

And I know there were more... just cant trhink of them right now.

And the controls.... Oh man the controls... And I already voiced my opinons of the maps.