By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

Money.... Money... thats whats move the world... I hope Capcom don't bite that offer

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

Why would Capcom do this? As another post stated, DMC4 sold better on PS3 than it did on 360, including Europe where I believe DMC4 cost less on 360 than PS3. Not to mention on a smaller user base as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I dont think this will happen . I think its obvious that Capcom games will sell more and more on the PS3 , and lets be honest Japan will give to the PS3 version at least 500k ... while max 100k on the Xbox ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
I dont think this will happen . I think its obvious that Capcom games will sell more and more on the PS3 , and lets be honest Japan will give to the PS3 version at least 500k ... while max 100k on the Xbox ...

RE5 is much more anticipated on the PS3 in Japan than the 360 as well, why would Capcom want to lose early sales like that?

I love my 360, but MS seems way too desperate with the whole "Buy this, buy that" approach right now.

Maybe instead of buying everything they should try to maybe... I don't know... make their own? What do they have? 2 1st party studios?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

ToastyJaguar,

Gran Turismo
God of War
Socom
Ico
Shadow of colosseus
Unchartred
Killzone2
Resistance
Motorstorm

Despite not all being produced by Sony (GT and GoW are), they are all supported by Sony that collaborates exclusively with the developpers.

MS is not creating new game content (except Halo/Forza), it is just stealing games that were already coming ...
except now they may come exclusively to Xbox360 ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
FilaBrasileiro said:
DragonLord said:
I wouldn't be shocked. Sony has been a bit overconfident in their first party titles lately. MS has shown a willingness to put money on the table to try to get a competitive advantage. It use to bother me, but not anymore...it just shows they have more money.

Fixed. If Sony could, they would, but they cannot get in a bid wars with Microsoft because they'll lose.

The japanese are smart! they know which fights to pick, and they know they'll lose bidding wars.

I don't think Capcom will do it unless it is A LOT of money because, as already mentioned, sales for DMC 4 were just as good or better than their 360 counterpart on a smaller userbase.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

If Microsoft really offered Capcom money they will easily take it, hope this rumor is true.

Shame it's turned to MS just giving companies money for games all the time instead of making them. Star Ocean was weird enough. This would be odder if you consider it might affect Japan (yeah it's on PS3 too but still).

Hmm, pie.

A forced Wii60 marriage for Wii RE fanatics.

:P

Interesting, maybe they couldn't buy FFXIII to come to the 360 so they decided on buying one of the next best things. Good to see they're being proactive, and they seem to have a good relationship with Capcom so yea, why not?

Tease.