By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor : MS is trying to buy RE5 timed exclusivity !

I find this rumor to be highly believable.

Around the Network

I wouldn't be shocked. Sony has been a bit overconfident in their first party titles lately. MS has shown a willingness to put money on the table to try to get a competitive advantage. It use to bother me, but not anymore...it just shows they want it more and have the money to throw around. 

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

akuma587 said:
Man, if MS put as much effort into hurting Nintendo as they did Sony they might actually have a shot at getting 1st place.

They can't really hurt Nintendo, well at least not like they're hurting Sony because of Nintendo's stellar 1st party lineup.

DragonLord said:
I wouldn't be shocked. Sony has been a bit overconfident in their first party titles lately. MS has shown a willingness to put money on the table to try to get a competitive advantage. It use to bother me, but not anymore...it just shows they have more money.

Fixed. If Sony could, they would, but they cannot get in a bid wars with Microsoft because they'll lose.

libellule said:
==> Can MS leave the video game market ?? At least Sony is producing some games ...

which ones?

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Man, if MS put as much effort into hurting Nintendo as they did Sony they might actually have a shot at getting 1st place.

Did you miss last generation? MS is fighting for the 2nd place just like last time. They could not touch Sony last generation and Nintendo got all their love. This generation things are different.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

DragonLord said:

I wouldn't be shocked. Sony has been a bit overconfident in their first party titles lately. MS has shown a willingness to put money on the table to try to get a competitive advantage. It use to bother me, but not anymore...it just shows they want it more and have the money to throw around. 

Couple that with Capcom's history regading the RE franchise.  RE4 to be exclusive?   Hmmmm.....

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Does timed exclusivity really help that much? I'm sure is people are leaning more towards one system or the other they're willing to wait for this game, unless it's the cornerstone of their choice.

FilaBrasileiro said:
DragonLord said:
I wouldn't be shocked. Sony has been a bit overconfident in their first party titles lately. MS has shown a willingness to put money on the table to try to get a competitive advantage. It use to bother me, but not anymore...it just shows they have more money.

Fixed. If Sony could, they would, but they cannot get in a big wars with Microsoft because they'll lose.

Oh Sony have enough money to do the same ^^''.

konnichiwa said:

Oh Sony have enough money to do the same ^^''.

Not as much money as MS.