By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR! Heavenly Sword 2 Axed, Ninja Theory Moving

Kotaku seems to be on the slow side of the news gathering process.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

tis BS...

you cannot cancel a game which dosn't exist. Heavenly Swords ending made a sequel a 50-50 chance in the first place. Then Ninja Theory say their working on a new game. Im guessing SONY told them to improve the combat, game length and make it easier to turn into a francise - and Ninja Theory said they'd rather work on a new product... and off the went.

Ohh and considering Heavenly Sword is still selling a little it may eventually get a sequel - but i think SONY is prefering their other new IP's at the moment ( Motorstorm, Resistance, Uncharted, Warhawk )

Good grief. This is indeed a sad news.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

I hope that this is only a rumour. I have to say this was the first ps3 game that I bought. I truely love this game. I just assumed that this game was assured a sequel. Well, guess I may be wrong.

Total BS IMHO.

Ninja Theory have been working on a mystery project for a while now and it isn't HS2. HS2 wasn't even in the works. Yes, they may have had a story together, but no proper work would have been done on it and although The Getaway and Eight Days were only recently announced as canned, I bet they were canned a while back as nothing of note was released for either of these games for a long time. Actually, I reckon the only link for these 2 games was the fact that GT5 utilises some of the maps and textures for the London Circuit and thats all.

Anyway, I reckon this is just speculation down to the (get rid of all games without online quote).

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network

To be honest, even if this game was actually in development I am happy to hear this news (if indeed true). HS left no need for a sequel, the story ending just fine and any character other than Nariko just wouldn't seem right IMO.

Kai was good as a supporting cast, but to make a game around here just wouldn't feel right.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

misteromar mk4 said:
Another kick in the nuts for ps3 owners.

Yeah, one twelth of them.

Eight Days, Getaway 3 and Heavenly Sword 2 in less than two weeks. With Sony Europe faltering, and the Japanese studios coming up short, PS3 owners turn to America........

Er?

America?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Eh, what is going on Sony? Looks like you are certainly going the way of focusing on profit margin for sure.

Riachu said:
Heavenly Sword sold below expectations so I am not really suprised that HS2 was canned

Did it? I thought hitting 1 million was a pretty damn good achievement, and if Sony really expected alot more they were being a bit foolish.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.